BOTM Aug2012- British Special- Vote now.

Who has the best of British?

• videojetman- Dynatech

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nevadasmith- Bigfoot Smokestone

• makster-1990 Overbury's Pioneer

• biglev-Roberts Peugeot

• dendy-Saracen Kili Comp 96

• Rob Aitken- Dave Lloyd

• legrandefromage-Harry Quinn

• firedfromthecircus-Cleland Aventura number 5

• mrlee-1985 Dawes cougar

• Giom6-Zinn Z-classic

• Easy_Rider-'94 Dawes Special Edition

• Dawes-Man-Dawes "The Edge eXTRa"

• H-Fuquay

• danson67-1985 Highpath

• reanimation-'94 Prestige

• NeilM-1990 Roberts White Spider

• Paul Eggleton-Pace

• ShiftySteve-91 Aluminium O

• JeRky-Chas Roberts D.O.G.S.B.O.L.X

• Mr Panda-1995 Orange P7

• mikee-Pace

• sinnerman-Hardisty/Nike

• terryhfs-m-trax

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lots of lovely stuff but I went for the Fuquay. I think its a hidden gem amongst this lot and a bike I'd love to own one day.

sinnerman":jmw03c6m said:

It really is less about the winning and more about the taking part.
well said mate ..but you make it always a bit sentimental!
Not all have such reminders of a Nike bike and if I had my choice, I'd love to go with at least 3 other bikes than Nike ..But really, no doubt you've done a very good job ;)

legrandefromage-Harry Quinn for me! :D

Nader":3epp5n79 said:
sinnerman":3epp5n79 said:

It really is less about the winning and more about the taking part.
well said mate ..but you make it always a bit sentimental!
Not all have such reminders of a Nike bike and if I had my choice, I'd love to go with at least 3 other bikes than Nike ..But really, no doubt you've done a very good job ;)

legrandefromage-Harry Quinn for me! :D

I cant disagree at all, i freely admit, some builds i do get sentimental over, I think thats why im here... :oops:

If you consider this months Bike of the month is like a whos who of the Uk mountain bike scene, (everything from Raleigh to Roberts),

I am happy to have managed to get the bike finished and amongst that list to be fair.

but to reiterate my point above, my sentiment in my post was me paying my respects, in public, for Jason Mcroy.

with regard to your point ref "not all have such memories of the Nike bike"....
fwiw, i dont suppose many knew anything at all to be fair, as i said its been a massive learning curve for me too, the Hardisty isnt exactly a brand name, in fact it is little more than a small Bike shop employing a frame builder in the North of England. With the support of this bike shop and small level of additional support from Nike, with the help of his father they quit there jobs,and took a massive chance, to Compete at the worlds, and the rest is history.

sinnerman":3nazrgxv said:
... in fact it is little more than a small Bike shop employing a frame builder in the North of England. With the support of this bike shop and small level of additional support from Nike, with the help of his father they quit there jobs,and took a massive chance, to Compete at the worlds, and the rest is history.
thereby the Nike will be no better than the others!

I can understand you well :D
Memories are nice but the point remains the same, many of us just want to ride beautiful old bikes without any great memory.

Nader":1fuh0e1u said:
sinnerman":1fuh0e1u said:
... in fact it is little more than a small Bike shop employing a frame builder in the North of England. With the support of this bike shop and small level of additional support from Nike, with the help of his father they quit there jobs,and took a massive chance, to Compete at the worlds, and the rest is history.

thereby the Nike will be no better than the others!

I can understand you well :D
Memories are nice but the point remains the same, many of us just want to ride beautiful old bikes without any great memory.

I dont think i suggested the Hardisty was any better, thats not for me to decide,

From my days, and im sure many fellow retrobikers, I would say all of them find the 'beauty' because of the way they remember that specific bike - whether it be the first one they bought themselves or the one that got away.....memories are pretty much the purpose for everyone i know!

Fuquay all the way-hay :LOL:

totally understated and much underlooked 'name' from the early/mid 90's. :cool: :cool:

One day I'll own one too...

Some great bikes this month but I like original bikes and I like history so it's the black Pace (Worlands that was in MBUK right?) in first with the Hardisty second for me. :cool:

Back