Rocky Mountain Blizzard 1994 - Update 26.01.13

Not rolled them yet! About another week or 2 before I start building...I know he's highly recommended, so looking forward to seeing how these are against Mavic Rims. They're really light! 1.7" Tyres help but the wheels alone are pretty Racey...

Hey, the bike is beautiful!
I'm new, but desperately looking for 1997 Rocky decals! I'm doing a bit of a rebuild on a Hammer race and have not been able to find decals. Where did you get yours?

Antstark":9qmen1i1 said:
Did you find the Tange Ultimate decal Andy? ......if not try velocals :D
Where was that when I was looking??? I've had it clearcoated too now!...Will order that though! Cheers Ant!

Tubing decals usually go on top of the clear coat mate....so all good :D

claret73":3ckxycsv said:
Antstark":3ckxycsv said:
Did you find the Tange Ultimate decal Andy? ......if not try velocals :D
Where was that when I was looking??? I've had it clearcoated too now!...Will order that though! Cheers Ant!

Antstark":1m1scuhi said:
Tubing decals usually go on top of the clear coat mate....so all good :D
Yeah! I know but I had mine Clearcoated over. Just preference, but it's not an issue. Decal ordered!!! Top Man!!! ;)

Update!!! :shock:
Got my Turbine Cranks on as wanted to check which Bottom Bracket was the right length for chainline. Got it spot on near enough first guess. 107mm BBUN72. Pics to follow...

But, put my stem on to see what it looked like & I'm not sure?? It's a 'SHOCK HORROR!' Modern Turbine. I wanted Race Face & not Syncros. Couldn't get a rounder looking Race Face & matching bars at the time, so got to mull this over and see if it looks right or wrong. I know the purists will be blowing the embers at the stake... :LOL:
Also not sure what to do about the hole in the stem, as it's showing a rusty steerer tube! If the stem stays, paint the steerer Black?...

SSA41923.jpg

SSA41930.jpg

SSA41929.jpg

This is going to be a rider, right? I feel there is nothing wrong with mixing a classic old frame with modern parts, even though it's against the thought police here on RB. My daily rider is a newer '03 Blizzard equipped with modern gear, but in basic it is still the same steel tubing build to the same design idea as the older ones like yours.

Deffo a Rider! & I wasn't worried at all about mixing Old & New...There isn't a lot on there that is catalogue spec. The Race Face finishing kit is nice, but just wasn't sure how the stem sat on the bike? I think given that I don't have funds to play with I'll build with what I bought & make changes if & when I feel they need making...

Back