Iphone 4 help

sylus

Old School Grand Master
Tried the usual google searches but there is so much infor out there and much of it wrong it's difficult to know where to start.

Girly did a software update on her iphone 4 on saturday..since then the bluetooth won't work.

I go to settings and it shows the bluetooth is on ande blue tooth little sign shows but is has the little circle spinning searching for other devices..it just keeps searching with no pairing.

So I leave it, go back to the home screen and the bluetooth sign is gone.

I've tried the settings reset again to no avail. She uses it a lot bluetoothed to the car stereo/media system

Anyone have a iphone 4 and having bluetooth issues?

I don't mean to insult you, but ... have you tried turning the phone completely off and back on again?
A settings reset doesn't help much if the phone still has the old firmware in its memory, which is a common thing to happen with updates. A complete reboot can sometimes help.

Mind you, I'm only an Android guy, so I don't know much about iPhones. Still, it's a common problem on any platform.

yup did the old reset then on and off..reading some more it appears apples latest update has known glitches that the company know about but seem to be doing very little to correct it

Does wifi still work? The reason I ask is that bluetooth shares the same chipset as wifi, and if wifi doesn't work either, then I'm afraid the chipset is dead. If the handset is still under warranty, take it to your nearest Apple store.

I assume you have tried restoring it on iTunes, it's worth a try.

I've seen this a few times, not overly common, but it happens.

The phone is only a few weeks old so if it's failed then all should be well. The nearest apple store is 400 miles away so will try the wifi when she gets back from her trip on Friday...thanks for the tip

sylus":2coao9gg said:
yup did the old reset then on and off..reading some more it appears apples latest update has known glitches that the company know about but seem to be doing very little to correct it

They're complete w*nkers! I had an 'update' cause my phone to completely lock.
I called apple to be told...yeh, that update doeas that sometimes!!
They then tried to charge me for telephone support, and all I could do was a complete re-set. I lost everything that was on the phone.
It's lucky Jobs is dead, or I'd have finished him off :evil:

Back