Steerer extenders?

I have used those sort, very good, but some alloy steerers are too tight to fit the 1 1/8 into, so the 1" version 'may' fit better if you have a thickend alloy steerer.......then you can shim (a proper one) the top to fit 1 1/8 stem/

Satori needs at least 3 inches of steerer to clamp on to.....the BBB can go below the headset line if really needed...

greenstiles":35j7gqvq said:
Satori needs at least 3 inches of steerer to clamp on to...

Ah I see. Extenders like that make sense if you can already clamp your stem onto the steerer.. :oops:

Would this be useful here ?

HD9910.jpg

13 mm of steerer to clamp onto - basically you are f88888ed. :(

I reckon the expanding wedge is your best option providing it fits into you aluminium steerer tube.

can't see how the headlock works - looks to me that is pressing bits of tube end to end - that does not appear to me to be good way of doing things.

i would suggest getting an aluminium tube machined of same diameter as the steere with a short step so that it slips inside the steer and then weld it to the fork or sell fork and use money to buy new one or one with longer steerer?

02gf74":2h4c4gvo said:
13 mm of steerer to clamp onto - basically you are f88888ed. :(

...no he isn't :roll:

The fork on my Kili Comp has a short, threaded steerer - the stem doesn't clamp on any of the original but entirely on the BBB extender.

It may add a few ounces in weight but that's a small price to pay... ;)

Note to self:

Go back and read OP's initial content and subsequent reply to mine before making smug, opinionated comments!

Egg > face, face > egg, SPLAT!! :oops:

Back