rBOTM August/September - Entries please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrome 1972 Marastoni

Licinio Marastoni built this frame in 1972. If you look closely, you will see that it had a full set of braze-ons, including: rear brake cable top tube guides, bottle bosses, gear cable housing bosses throughout, pump pip, shift levers and perhaps the most impressive when the year is taken into account: the brake centre bolts (the centre bolts are in fact brazed onto the fork crown in the front and on the brake bridge in the back, there is no holes drilled for fitting of the brakes)

Attachments

• IMG_1892.JPG
    IMG_1892.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 2,750
  • IMG_1898.JPG
    IMG_1898.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 2,750
Well why not...

No story here, just picked this up last Wednesday from our local recycling centre and had it finished in time for an RB mini meet on Saturday. It rides great!

super_handsome_387.jpg

raleigh_record_ace_finished_678.jpg

legrandefromage":2aoxen00 said:
Well why not...

No story here, just picked this up last Wednesday from our local recycling centre and had it finished in time for an RB mini meet on Saturday. It rides great!
Wow, a bike with mudguards. Gets my vote.
Bet those tyres are 27 x 1-1/4. Those 80's bikes were mostly fitted with 27 x 1-1/8 and the larger tyres just don't have enough clearance for my liking.

Ian.

Re: Chrome 1972 Marastoni

Citoyen du monde":1ncwp4r5 said:
Licinio Marastoni built this frame in 1972. If you look closely, you will see that it had a full set of braze-ons, including: rear brake cable top tube guides, bottle bosses, gear cable housing bosses throughout, pump pip, shift levers and perhaps the most impressive when the year is taken into account: the brake centre bolts (the centre bolts are in fact brazed onto the fork crown in the front and on the brake bridge in the back, there is no holes drilled for fitting of the brakes)

My vote is for this chromed beauty :cool:

Re: Pettenella Special: Olympic.

bikenut2010":1x20b94i said:
This is my (topical) entry for August:
Pettenella Olympic special...
Spooky: I was drooling over this very bike in the thread you posted about the build (I was looking for info on Olagnero's and the search picked up your signature).

August is shaping up to be a "vintage" month...

OT

ScillySuffolk":e9lfuw80 said:
bikenut2010":e9lfuw80 said:
This is my (topical) entry for August:
Pettenella Olympic special...
Spooky: I was drooling over this very bike in the thread you posted about the build (I was looking for info on Olagnero's and the search picked up your signature).

August is shaping up to be a "vintage" month...

I would be grateful for any Olagnero info you picked up! :)

I thought i'd offer up the 'old girl' fresh from her conquests of Herefordshire - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=212539

She is a beautiful Raleigh Lenton Clubman, the frame number works out at 1947 but catalogues suggest 1948. All pretty original bar a few bits and pieces. A lovely ride indeed, although a tad small as you will see from the seat pin!

Attachments

• IMGP2783.JPG
    IMGP2783.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,802
  • IMGP2793.JPG
    IMGP2793.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,802
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back