Dog poo - leave it or bag it?

godders":1xfnf3k0 said:
Why is that if a dog owner can be bothered to pick up there dogs poo they then cant be arsed to take it and put it in a f*****g poo bin :evil:

Many park walks were i live have no bins anywhere so after carrying the full doggy bag they throw it,
Just like every cock head who goes around carrying a full bottle of pop, when its empty they throw the ferker.

Its about time these doggy/nappy bags were made from bio degradable plastic.

I often walk my dog on a couple of routes that don't have a bin.. I just take it home and chuck it in the wheelie bin outside. Not the nicest thing to walk along with (a bag full of fresh dog do) but I chose to have a dog therefore I'm responsible for him and his waste.

ChrisR":dufhz72r said:
I often walk my dog on a couple of routes that don't have a bin.. I just take it home and chuck it in the wheelie bin outside. Not the nicest thing to walk along with (a bag full of fresh dog do) but I chose to have a dog therefore I'm responsible for him and his waste.

Well said chap, you never see cat owners following their cats and picking up their droppings.

poweredbypies":376jhqo7 said:
ChrisR":376jhqo7 said:

Well said chap, you never see cat owners following their cats and picking up their droppings.

Don't need to.They bury it!

azaro":exxe8ge1 said:
poweredbypies":exxe8ge1 said:
ChrisR":exxe8ge1 said:

Not all the time they don't. They may dig a slight hole when outside but they don't always cover it! Been witness to this a few times... Generally more fun to let the dog out just as they're about to drop :LOL: :twisted:

azaro":a2ny1snk said:
poweredbypies":a2ny1snk said:
ChrisR":a2ny1snk said:

Hold on a second while I go out to my garden and take a picture of some "buried" cat poo in our flower beds. ;) .. I can assure you that not all cats bury their poo.

As for the "stick and flick" method, I much prefer this in areas such as Forestry and Parks, where the mess can be moved off the path and into a place where it can break down naturally. Dog poo bags are both a blessing and a curse. They're great when the dog owners can be bothered to bin the bags afterwards, but if they're left hanging on gate posts or branches, then it's worse than just leaving the mess where it was dropped.

I remember a similar thread a while back - I commented that our local park (Cosmeston Lakes) had a big problem with people leaving poo bags lying around. The staff had a 'clean up day' and retrieved over 300 bags from trees, bushes, gate posts and fences.

Sometimes, though, there are no bins for (literally) miles - I'm not making excuses for lazy dog owners, but I can't help feeling sometimes that a lot of the problem could be remedied by the council / forestry commission / whoever providing more bins so that owners have absolutely no reason to leave bags lying around. Don't give the lazy sods an excuse to drop the bags, and come down hard on them when they do.

Back