Family friendly hotel near Hemel Hempstead?

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm taking the family to the Harry Potter tour at the W'Bros studios in Lovedean.
Hemel Hempstead looks to be the biggest, close town, going away from London(i don't want to stay nearer London than the studios), so i've had a look on Laterooms in that area but the hotels are either pretty naff or fully booked :roll:

Can anybody recommend a nice modern family friendly hotel in the area? :D

Sorry ,cant offer any advice there,its just i noticed and am intrigued in what the Leo Sayer tag is about :?

Leavesden not lovedean! take the train to watford junction, there is a bus service from there to the studios, watford has a few good hotels within walking distance of the station, the jury's inn hotel is good and they have good deals on occasionally, avoid the hilton on the outskirts of watford, it sucks

this may help.....

The nearest railway station is Watford Junction; there are direct, fast train services from both London Euston (20 minute journey) and Birmingham New Street (1 hour journey). Other non-direct train services operate from London Euston however these may take longer to arrive at Watford Junction.

A shuttle bus, operated by Mullany's Coaches, will run every 30 minutes from Watford Junction to the Studio Tour, with a journey time of around 15 minutes. Plan to arrive at Watford Junction 45 minutes before the time stated on your ticket, and have your ticket or booking confirmation ready when boarding the shuttle bus.

From Watford Junction to the Studio Tour

20 and 50 minutes past the hour. From 9.20am until 5.20pm

From the Studio Tour to Watford Junction

25 and 55 minutes past the hour. From 11.55am until 9.35pm

Return Ticket: £2

Single Ticket: £1.50

Kings Langley station is three miles away from the Studio Tour so we do not advise visitors to walk from there. Instead, go to Watford Junction and take the shuttle bus.

Back