Flip flops on a bike. GTF!

Tazio

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I just popped out of work for a minute just in time to see a goon on a bike stop dead in traffic on a main inner city street to retrieve his flip flop that had fallen off. A Bentley and a taxi missed each other by inches as the Bentley driver had to swerve to avoid the flip flopping half wit. And the then the cars behind almost demonstrated that the didn't have as good brakes as the 2 ton luxury car by almost causing a huge tail end chain.

Fine on the campsite or a canal path etc, but not in a major city centre in heavy rain.

I remember pulling over on my motorcycle at great Bentley just outside clacton on bike night. I lived close so it was a 3 minute ride. I was wearing a t shirt, shorts and flip flops.

A cop came over and gave me a strong lecture on how I am wearing the wrong stuff..I reminded him that he is there to deal with people breaking the law and as of yet they have not legally invented the fashion police that he best be on his way as correcting people who are not breaking the law seems to be a police tactic of late. Needless to say his copper mates had a laugh at his exspense.

As long as it's legal I will wear or not wear whatever the damm I want :D

as a rule I don't but sometimes I do. It's 39C here, and sometimes it's just too hot to wear anything other than flip flops

Like I said..the fashion police may exist in name but it is not yet illegal to wear flip flops on a bike :LOL:

Vest, shorts, flip flops and a minimal open face helmet seem to be standard uniform to ride a scooter in spain :cool:
It is a bit silly, but if i said i'd never done it i'd be lying ;)

sylus":wn56svj4 said:
Like I said..the fashion police may exist in name but it is not yet illegal to wear flip flops on a bike :LOL:
I'm kinda on the fence and ambivalent about this, but given what you've said what's your take on helmet wearing?

I'm now in South Dakota where it is not a legal requirement to wear a m/c helmet. I can see why they enjoy the openess and freedom of no helmet but I respect more that they have the choice. I would wear a crash helmet on a motorcycle because I ride them as they are meant to be ridden

I'm not a fan of the thought police trying to make legal things illegal though

Back