Carlton Cobra

Acrylichrome..... thanks spokesman :)

As an aside I upgraded my Carlton Cobra to a Sugino Maxy alloy cotter less chainset (cheap in those days) which a lot of people did. If you can't find an original steel chainset.

Something like this..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SR-APEX-CHAIN ... 500wt_1288

Shaun

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ooh, I dunno.. I don't like having so much chipped chrome! I think the previous owner must've lived on an estate with lots of gravelled streets (the bane of my knees when I was a kid)

The front fork turned out nicely (possibly because it's newer than the rest of the bike, judging by the late-80s Raleigh logos that're on them), so that'll still be chrome, and I'm going to see if the powder coaters can protect areas on the seat tube and head tube, to emulate some of the stylings that Carlton used for their other bikes. Plus I'll be putting Carlton decals back on it. It won't look like a Cobra any more, but it'll still look like a Carlton. :)

The heat gun didn't help.. I'm not sure what the intention behind heating the components is, but it resulted in nothing more than a mushroom-shaped cotter. To the bike shop with it! :p

I'm going to try and keep the crank cottered if I can. They may be a pain, but I think they suit the bike better.

Back