Renovated Koga Miyata Grantourer

Exactly the bike I had, rode many thousands of kilometers (two Trondheim-Oslo amongst them) the last years and which was smashed some months ago by a car. If anybody comes across one in 57 cm, please let me know...sorry for thread-intrusion with this cry for help Ivo, but I am really desperate looking for a new/used one...regards -seb.

No problems Seb. Sorry to hear about the fate of your Koga. The best source of finding them is www.marktplaats.nl. Every now and then they pop up. This exact model is harder to find, it was the last year it was produced/sold. The previous versions had the gearshifters on top of the downtube, making a conversion to either STI/ERgopower or bar-end levers nearly impossible. If you can live with that, you should find a suitable replacement within, let's say, half a year via Marktplaats.

The Grantourer has been on the road again, this time in Uzbekistan. I rode the Silkroute 1200 audax ride with it. The report I'm writing here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 84#1722984

IMGP0454.jpg

This is a great thread, I love what you've done with that Koga. You certainly go for some challenging rides...! :shock: Look forward to hearing about more.

I've just read your fascinating report on the Silk Road 1200 and it's very interesting to read about your Koga and your approach to building it. Thanks.

Back