marin with unknown forks

hammy2358

Retro Newbie
Hi, this is my first post on here so a bit unsure as to which section to post. Ive just bought this lovely ultralight steel framed mountain bike today, it comes with origonal forks but also these forks are fitted which I think look cool as liquid nitrogen, does anyone know what they are please ? oh bye the way I bought it off a great guy locally who needed the bike out of the shed after i posted a wanted in local tescos, it cost me £20 delivered. I was after a newer aluminium frame etc but once id rode this i was hooked and realised that years of fashion and development doesnt always make a better bike.

how the hell do i post pics i browse and select but then it wont post grrrrrrr

Hi bud and welcome... I think you need 5 post before you post pictures which is a shame as i'm eager to see what you've got :D What i usually do is upload pics to Photobucket and then copy the link and post that on here.

Rich

we need pics really.

could be the 'browning' forks. are they suspension forks?

frame...what colours? grey and pink/green. purpley black/green?

forks

these maybe

marzocchi_catalogue_mountain_bike_94_2.jpg

Nice

That is a 1994 Team Marin bud and you did extremely well for £20... If you wanna make an easy tenner ship it over to me :D Only joking bud, enjoy it.

Rich

nice! those forks really suit it too. answer manitou are the general choice, those look better.

apart from the tatty barends you have landed a top bike for little money.

Many thanks to all on here for your help .... I love this bike , got too embroiled in the must have newer syndrome .... Retro for me from now on here

Back