1991 Cannondale SM700 - Black with Lime Splatter

Really nice colour on that one.

I've got a 92 in a much more boring metallic blue that I'm doing a similar thing to at the moment (although I only bought mine off eBay earlier this year). I've gone down the clean up existing and replace with silimlar, when worn out, route. As I'm realistically not going to use it that much I thought the original spec was the way to go.

P.S. worth pulling the BB out as I found quite a bit of corrosion in mine.

one of cannondales best colour schemes

nice BITD pic there mate ,very atmospheric

Hi all, and thanks or the omments so far :)

What are the benefits to swapping to pepperoni forks, or is it just a looks thing?

I'm a little retiscent about starting swapping things out as im not sure what size things are.

I know the bike could do with a new BB as before it was laid up it started clicking and the headset has been tightened within an inch of its life to stop forward and backward 'slop' when applying the frint brake.

Trying to keep it fairly in line i was wondering about putting a cane creek headset on there from ebay as they are made by the existing headset manufacturer.

Thoughts?

Sean

Hi, And nice bike. I've got one of these too in a bigger size. It's only a frame for the moment. Great and very stiff ride.
As for the fork, stick with the original one. Not much of a peperoni fan (not on pizza either). I think the original ritchey for looks better, is probably lighter and gives you a bit of 'suspension'.
Good luck with the build.

its probably a 1" headset (my 400 and 800's of similar age are)
so go for summat similar ,ritchey ,tange ,or so

as for the peps they tend to be a bit stiff in comparison to the cromo
O.E. ones ,if they turn up in the right colour, and price then go for it

sort it love it ride it , get on a retrobike rideout with it

mikee":17uhno92 said:
its probably a 1" headset (my 400 and 800's of similar age are)
so go for summat similar ,ritchey ,tange ,or so

as for the peps they tend to be a bit stiff in comparison to the cromo
O.E. ones ,if they turn up in the right colour, and price then go for it

sort it love it ride it , get on a retrobike rideout with it

Cheers, is there anything specific I should look for re: headset? Will a modern 1" 'just fit'?

Thanks

Sean

merckx":3kla0sb3 said:
its crying out for a pepperoni fork upgrade! :D
Pepperoni forks are sexy but a little hard. Your original ritchey steel fork is a good alternative : keep it on your bike :D

New tyres and tubes fitted today.

Hubs stripped down, regreased and rebuilt but got some grumble, probably the bearing cups. :(

Off for a little ride in a bit to see how it handles.

Latest posts

Back