Raleigh team banana

Ryan-J-D

Retro Newbie
Hi, i recently rescued an old raleigh team banana and tried to do it up myself. unfortunately i have no idea about what crank i can use on it. ive been informed in the its the Paul sherwin model?? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks Ryan

Regardless of which model it is (other than whether it is worth investing a lot or little money) you require an English threaded bottom bracket and as long as that matches the crank you choose everything should be fine.

If yours has a half black top tube it's the cheap model. Does it have a sticker saying what the tubing is? Good one is Reynolds low one is 18-23 hi-ten.

thing is before realising i knew nothing about the bike i noticed the frame and stickers were terrible..so being a painter & decorator naturally my top prioriety was to strip it right back and re-spray the frame so as it stands its just a pure white frame with no stickers on it so i havent got a clue but from whats been said...i reckon its the cheap one. roughly how much would a bottom bracket and crank cost roughly??

Post up a pic of the bits :)

My dad was a painter and decorator :) sprayed all my balsa models as a kid.........what a star :)

£20 should buy something for the legs to spin around.

Cheers

Shaun

As originality is no longer an issue, why not try a thread in the wanted section? I'm pretty sure someone will come up with the goods, and £20 should cover a suitable crank...

Good luck with the build, post some pics up when you get a chance!

Back