The RB 'what I bought/ found/ scrounged' this week thread

I'm mistaken, I don't have any old mechs like that. Mainly suntour stuff. That campag looks nice. Good find that. You just need some cycle clips, a Sam Brown reflective belt and a flask of hot tea. Jolly good show.

It's been asked before, but do you have deal with your tip? All the stuff in mine goes to one bloke or company who comes along every week to collect. They won't let me touch anything.

Right, just got back from the police station after popping down to the local tip and taking your advice. It took a bit of explaining but all charges have been dropped after I convinced them I only wanted to ride an old bike, and didn't care how well used it was.
:oops: :shock: :LOL:

BBs.jpg

A pair of NOS UN72 BBs in 68x113. The original one in my 503 (I think it's a UN50, but didn't check) is starting to run a little rough, so it was time to get a new BB. These should keep the bike going for a while longer.

Today's score at the Magic LBS:

NOS Ritchey Megabite and WTB Primal Raptor, NOS 1" Control Tech stem (I think someone on here was looking for one, so I grabbed it), WTB Momentum 1 1/8" headset (takeoff), lightly used Park truing stand (to replace my well used Minoura), some Pearl Izumi socks, and some Gore Tex ski gloves.

E4203765-C99C-4312-87D0-63C278A38FD1-1532-0000023B70FD8F7B.jpg

P8200017s.jpg

I bought it last month actually, but the only reasonably-priced courier was on holiday. As a result, it only arrived this afternoon.

The brakes don't do squat and the chain and shifters need loosening up, so I cleaned the brakes and lubricated the rest.
Tomorrow I'm going to cruise around in the park, just to loosen everything up and get it acclimatized to riding again.
Once I know the ins and outs of the bike, I can begin restoring it.

Raging_Bulls":3p6xtn3i said:
P8200017s.jpg

I bought it last month actually, but the only reasonably-priced courier was on holiday. As a result, it only arrived this afternoon.

The brakes don't do squat and the chain and shifters need loosening up, so I cleaned the brakes and lubricated the rest.
Tomorrow I'm going to cruise around in the park, just to loosen everything up and get it acclimatized to riding again.
Once I know the ins and outs of the bike, I can begin restoring it.
Av a word with them couriers - some barstewards ripped off one side of your forks, and had it away with the other side of the rear triangle.

I swear you can't trust nobody, these days.

Never used to be like this. BITD, well you could just wrap up stacks of bank notes in cling film, slap on a sticky label with an address, and postman Pat could be trusted to not have sticky fingers. These days? They nick half your frame.

Utter bastards.

Back