recumbents....

Saw a really weird one the other day - it was a tandem affair with the rear rider (bloke) astride an upright, normal part of the frame, whilst the front rider (totty) was on a recumbent section of frame :shock:

sort of like this but the front rider (totty) was lower down............

recumbenttandem.jpg

Mr Panda":1qt1aoy4 said:
sort of like this but the front rider (totty) was lower down............

recumbenttandem.jpg
Kind of defeats the object really, unless the object is to look down said totties blouse as you dribble all over her.
You'll be going solo next time, my lad!

JD Cycles had some tandem recumbents with the captain at the back.
Seemed a good idea because you can check your stoker is really doing just that, and they reckoned they were great for touring because the balance doesn't change between loaded and unloaded.

Wonder how dry the fairing keeps you in grotty weather? Might make a good commuting tool.

I'd love to have a go on one, but I think I would be a bit cautious where I used it on the roads with them being so low.

I was looking through ebay the other day and there do seem to be a few people building them in their sheds. Which is fine, but I don't know if I would want to hand over serious money for one.

The trikes seem like a bit of a cop out to me, but I've never tried it, and I imagine they make a lot of sense if you have :LOL:

I've ridden recumbent bikes (Kingcycle, Ross and a LWB one too) - they are very, very fast downhill or on the flat - 30mph comes up awfully easily. Uphill they use different muscles and are hard work - no doubt you train and improve.

The trikes can do fun things like drift the rear wheel.

I race pedal cars, which are great fun but like any human powered vehicle weight is a killer.

hills are alien to me as im in norfolk near the sea...its as flat as a flat thingy ..so no worries there ..i should have about 650 ish to spend by the end of the week so im now having a good look round at whats out there second hand /

Back