Muddy Fox Courier Comp - What is that?

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
This bike is for sale @ a Dutch auctionsite. I googled quite a lot for information, but unfortunately I end up with nothing :(

What is a Muddy Fox Courier Comp?

Could somebody tell me:
Modelyear?
Componentry?
What steel?

Assuming it is in decent condition: Is such worth the 50 euros asking price?

Thanks a lot! :cool:

142923.jpg

142923.jpg

142923.jpg

Obviously no 'BOSS quality' pics

I think most of us here can only aspire to 'BOSS' quality pictures :D

As for the Muddy Fox I'd guess it's one of their mid range bikes from the early 90s. Not sure how much you know about the brand but they were one of the first companies to 'do' mountain bikes properly in the UK. An original 80s Muddy Fox Courier would be pretty desirable. This looks like one of their run of the mill bikes from the the early 90s, going partly on vague recollections and partly from the components. Nothin special in the frame department but probably worth a go for 50 Euros.

I'll have a butchers at some of my old MBUKs at some point, see what I can find.

Actually I did know 2 things on Muddy Fox:

- they were early
- they were British

That is the type of bike I used to see in rental parks . they were very strong .

Thought bike would do great with 2 of the very much flesh colored Psychos I have laying around

Now it seems it is sturdy :cool: , probably not so refined :cry: and this one can not really been considered as a legend :roll: . I tend not to adopt it. Caring and loving over 10 babies is already hard enough

Thnx!

Elev12k":2ymuc9k3 said:
this one can not really been considered as a legend :roll: . I tend not to adopt it.

Agreed - certainly not a 'true classic'

Elev12k":2ymuc9k3 said:
Caring and loving over 10 babies is already hard enough

:D

cchris2lou":hznwrag6 said:
That is the type of bike I used to see in rental parks . they were very strong .

I had an early 90's courier comp(blue) like most Foxes was built like a tank!! But I was fortunate to own a Muddy Fox Challenger around that era, which was the very top of the range (£800 in the 80's was a lot)
But it was via sponsorship, so even better!!

Shame I have no photo's only of my Muddy fox explorer(eliptical cranks for us oldies who remeber them !!(

Latest posts

Back