recumbents....

gibbleking

Old School Grand Master
whos got one...what is it...what are they like to ride ?im after one as its the only way i think i can get my arse on to something with wheels again.ive been looking at a web site called kmx and they have some seemingly ok ones plus ive seen a few on ebay but i thought id get some opinions first..granted the front and rear mech would be replaced ect it seems ok..

Attachments

• rentalrear1.jpg
    rentalrear1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 731
Miss mine. Lovely bikes. The most comfortable way to ride :cool: :cool: and excellent way to get fit. remember to keep the upper body still other wise it will snake up the road.
One day i will get anther one

I made one.

KMX are heavy (50lb) and pricey for what they are, but ALL recumbents are quite pricey compared to 'normal' bikes. Catrike are very good, lightweight, and spendy.

What would you want to use it for? Road only, or gravel tracks?

Tadpole, or 2 wheels?

Lots to think about!

One I made earlier:

DSC01508.jpg

This 'Mk1' is seeing a major re-design this winter...

I think they look good fun, but they are much less visible in traffic and I wonder just how practical it would be on gravel paths width wise.

i plan on just riding gently on roads and paths at the moment.i quite like the idea of trike style at the moment as being able to just stop and not fall over is fairly appealing...i like your bike you made..any better pics as my old eyes need bigger stuff to look at these days..

gibbleking":3ue7ytii said:
i plan on just riding gently on roads and paths at the moment.i quite like the idea of trike style at the moment as being able to just stop and not fall over is fairly appealing...i like your bike you made..any better pics as my old eyes need bigger stuff to look at these days..

Ta for the kind words! That's the best pic I have, as it's pretty rough around the edges! :LOL:

They'll work muscles you never knew you had, but are great when you're used to them. IMO, suspension is FAR more important on these than regular bikes. That one is used for New forest gravel paths, and even these give it a beating. Potholes in the road will shake your eyeballs out.

I saw what I thought was a canoe that had fallen off someone's roof in a gateway the other day as I neared the end of a ride.

Turned out to be a recumbent that ha snapped the chain. The chap had almost finished repairing it but I stopped for a chat. He had. Been cruising at 30mph when a car had moved to overtake. This meant the car driver was speeding and our recumbent pilot had gone for the big ring to remonstrate when the chain went ping!

This was a fully fared design with two wheels at the front and capable of moving at a fair lick to say the least. I have a photo of it on my phone and will display it if I can work out how to Bluetooth it this iPad.

Back