Vuelta!!

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I'm not normally a Vuelta fan but this year is looking good! The return of El Pistolero and he's gunning for Froome, quite a few other promising GC guys too. A cursory glance at he profiles show some interesting summit finishes.

interesting finishes is a understatement, 10 hill top finishes. one with 2.5 km of 1 in 4 goat track :shock: . often seen has the poor relative of the other grand tour,s , but bugger the route looks hard. lets hope froome can do it,but contador will be on a mission

Poor relative indeed, no one wants to ride it with all the Spanish skulduggery. I feel sorry for Froome, from last years Vuelta to this he has been outstanding and in any other year he would be lauded as Britain's greatest cyclist, just that Wiggins is casting an awfully big shadow! Unfortunately I don't think even a Vuelta win will let him step out of it.

Did you know that ITV4 are showing highlights all week.

Starting tonight at 9.00pm, and at 7.00 pm for the rest of the race.

As for Froome, has anyone even seen an interview since his bronze medal? Perhaps he prefers it that way.

No sign (yet) of the much speculated move.

well they are off,come on froome.and i am not sure froome will be leaving,he has a 3 year contract with sky.and cycling contracts are not like football which seem all about money.i think a lot will hinge on the tour route for 2013

Pyro Tim":gje6rihu said:
let's hope the Spanish junkie doesn't win, and I don't buy the poisoned meat excuse.

Apparently he's been going well in training; but training and racing are very different things.

I didn't think for a minute that Froome was going to move, but his form this year will have done his negotiating position / value no harm at all.

Latest posts

Back