legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
All I can say is wow...

As soon as I saw it at the site, my size and in good used condition, I knew I had to have it.

Bought tape, tyres and levers on Wednesday evening and its now finished. Nice to ride and even better just to look at!

Attachments

• super handsome.jpg
    super handsome.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 5,411
  • raleigh record ace finished.jpg
    raleigh record ace finished.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 5,411
All I can say is....

Totally agree, a very nice find and they're good bikes too.
Those hubs/spokes look to be an upgrade over the original spec so even luckier.

I hope poor old Norman doesn't mind donating his mudguards (he's a great bike too).

Mark.

OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That is just awesome and in such fantastic condition too, how do people manage to throw something like that out :?: :shock: ;)

Lucky lucky man :D

kermitgreenkona88 said:

That is just awesome and in such fantastic condition too, how do people manage to throw something like that out :?: :shock: ;)

because its seen as old and uselless!!

luckily there are people like us around who dont,haha

what do they say,one mans rubbish......

mind you,ive never come across tip ones that clean.well nice that!!

wheres that tip of yours again :LOL: ......

kermitgreenkona88":2tv16x4f said:

Lucky lucky man :D

The thing that makes me green with envy; is that this is not the 1st or 2nd 'find' that LGF has made at his local tip.

A few years ago, it used to be possible to hand a £5 or £10 note to the guys at the local tip tip, and take away a bike. I never did, 'cos I never spotted anything worth having . . . . . . . but it was nice to live with the hope and expectation of a 'good' find.

Sadly, the council has installed big, deep skips, from which nothing can be retrieved. The workers have told me that CCTV cameras have been installed, to specifically prevent people acting in the same manner as LGF.

Good luck to LGF - I hope he finds many more ! A difficulty that I have with regard to bikes & frames, is that whilst I'm working on a principle of n + 1, my missus is working on n-1 :D

Back