Project bike Jamis Diablo

My plans are make it a commuter as well. I live in the middle of North America and would like to have a nice winter commuter.

spottynick":3pa0j919 said:
My plans are make it a commuter as well. I live in the middle of North America and would like to have a nice winter commuter.

I sold this one recently, that a friend had been using as a commuter....

Fat018.jpg

I used it for a few road miles, and found it really comfortable

No u-brake. The frame I have slightly different than yours. Cable housing stops on top of top tube. Lugging on the seat tube connection.

I have fitted some components to my frame and got it going.

I have used some retro parts but unfortunately my old LX crank big chainring is worn out so I have used a budget 48 32 28. might no be a bad thing as I seem to get on with the 48 chainring better than the 46 thats on the LX. any way heres some piccys.

All things being equal I am going to ride it around Cyclo Park Gravesend tomorrow
Daz

Attachments

• modDSCN2248.JPG
    modDSCN2248.JPG
    359.2 KB · Views: 660
Cool Looking Jamis's guys.
With regards to the age of mine I am not sure, My frame as 2 top routed cables for rear mech and brakes and a bottom routed cable for front mech. but I have attached a piccy of what i think is some filleting brazing.

Daz

Attachments

• modDSCN2249.JPG
    modDSCN2249.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 659
Looks like a 1993 to me, and coming along nicely.
Is that an original Spectre stem?? Not many of those left now....mainly due to them snapping during use! Go careful ;)

Yes its a Spectre UL Comp. Thanks for the heads up. Bit of shame that they have a bad rep. I was impressed by its lightness, might be why they snap.
I have a Girvin Flexstem that has got a sideways wobble which I intend to sort out and put on it.
Daz

I think they snapped when used by the team riders, so it depends how hard you're going to ride the bike

Back