Retrobike National Series Rd 5: Tweed Valley ~ AFTERMATH pg7

John":38arl6xf said:
Oh, any idea what time we'll be finishing? Assume Innerleithen is a fairly small place? Could do with finding a florist given Saturday is our wedding anniversary, don't think another bunch of carnations from the Esso will cut it this year when I arrive back at 11pm.

Peebles is a bit bigger John in case there is nothing in Inners.

My bike isn't ready. Been told to collect Saturday .....but then again he has been mega busy and is the only dude nearby who builds fat wheels :? Can't grumble too much I suppose.

A heartfelt plea to all those attending :roll:

As I need to go to work in Glasgow after the ride can we all get there on time and get started on time ie 10am.
I might then get to do the whole ride and not leave early. ;)

Car loaded up for another 5am start. (As an aside I'm looking forward to the Peaks round next month which is only half an hour from me)

Bringing along the ride stickers and sign in sheets so I can keep the series points up to date.

I'll also have the first bike to fall out of the loft again, and also the fifth different bike for this year's series. On target for my aim of seven bikes for seven rounds.

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow and riding some of the great trails up there.
Any plans for a pre ride breakfast anywhere...?

Just arrived a hotel in Selkirk. Horrific weather on way up, bad rain most of the way.

I think I spotted a RetroBike riders car on the way up the M6, maybe?

Popping to bike shop in morning to buy waterproof shorts for the ride! Looking forward to my Scottish cooked breakfast served to me in the morning.

Oh, and on that note, anyone camping? :-D

on the drive home i began to feel a bit ill by the time i got home i felt crap
sort of fluey with a hangover sized headache and dodgy guts
so shower bed and slept till wifey came home at 7 ish
got up had a bit of tea and felt a bit better
so i took the dog out and felt "more" better

so i will be there tomorrow , both bikes fettled ,one for shed , he wanted full suss ,so thats what he's getting , not the 140mm of plush damped travel that he's used to , his only retro bike is a monster dh build GTlts dh
and a bit big for the climbs he reckons , so 30mm of bouncy rubber
should suffice
and for me a bike i might sorley regret taking
we'll see

drystonepaul":3h7j9nkq said:
Car loaded up for another 5am start. (As an aside I'm looking forward to the Peaks round next month which is only half an hour from me)

Me too! Peaks ride only 1hr for me.

Now in Scotland. Average trip up with the heavy traffic, heavy rain and dark. Looking forward to the ride, just hope the rain stops!

Back