STOLEN - GT Rebound 1995 Blue: Chichester city Centre.

MADJEZ

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Popped into Chichester this afternoon, locked Rebound in a nice posh car park, lots of CCTV (admitedly with a cheap combi lock). Hour late gone...

Candy Blue 1995 GT rebound, yellow Serfas Arc saddle, blue ano pedals, blue ano bar ends, yellow GT grips, Frame no SY5L000465. Has the original Shimano Altus CT90 crank (the lethal recalled one !).

It cost me next to nothing but I've spent a lot of time turning it into a lovely classic piece of kit (as a lot of you will understand).

GTRebound.jpg

Gutted for you Jez :twisted:

Anything on the cctv?

I bet the police weren't interested in an old bike.
Keep an eye on the 2nd hand shops & local classified's.

Hope you get it back.

That's bad luck, sorry to hear that. I sometimes have to leave a bike locked up in Chichester town centre, but I wouldn't think to use a car park, where there might be nobody around. I know I'm innocent about these things, but I just lock it to a lamp post/whatever in as busy and public a place as possible. Do people really come along with bolt cutters and cut a bike lock in a crowded street with people passing by?

Cheers for comments, Police were absolutely brilliant. I left it for less than an hour, grabbed a couple of passing coppers who logged all the surrounding cameras. Were impressed I was able to give them a detailed description of bike. They did say bike people are great cos they can tell them every nut. bolt and serial number. They get a lot of 'its blue dunno the make'.

They rang me this evening to say CCTV was inconclusive as trees were in way but looks like someone had rucksack with bolt cutters. They wanted photos to put on their local Facebook page... They don't hold much hope of getting back but the fact it's so distinctive means if it turns up I have photos numbers etc.

So I would say despite a lot of us complaining about the police response, as bike anoraks we stand a better chance than most of tracing our bikes.

MADJEZ":j7tpzb8o said:
Cheers for comments, Police were absolutely brilliant. I left it for less than an hour, grabbed a couple of passing coppers who logged all the surrounding cameras. Were impressed I was able to give them a detailed description of bike. They did say bike people are great cos they can tell them every nut. bolt and serial number. They get a lot of 'its blue dunno the make'.

They rang me this evening to say CCTV was inconclusive as trees were in way but looks like someone had rucksack with bolt cutters. They wanted photos to put on their local Facebook page... They don't hold much hope of getting back but the fact it's so distinctive means if it turns up I have photos numbers etc.

So I would say despite a lot of us complaining about the police response, as bike anoraks we stand a better chance than most of tracing our bikes.

Brilliant, i'm glad they were helpful :cool:

I just hope they can find it ;)

A horrid situation, and hindsight is an awkward thing, but..... when you replace your lock, please consider a decent one. Those cheap combination jobbies are really no challenge and can often be opened without the need for cutters.

S8-Tom":kuj7oocu said:
PM just sent. Saw this bike yesterday.
Excellent cheers S8-Tom for info.

Police just rang to say they have chased toe-rag on my bike very close to where it was nicked same time yersterday. So hoping that if he's THAT STUPID they might get him !!!

Best of luck getting it back, but I have to agree with JeRKY, if the lock in the photo was the one you used, you really need to get something better. I use a far better lock on a bike nowhere near as nice as that.

MADJEZ":1pq1c9zv said:
S8-Tom":1pq1c9zv said:
PM just sent. Saw this bike yesterday.
Excellent cheers S8-Tom for info.

Police just rang to say they have chased toe-rag on my bike very close to where it was nicked same time yersterday. So hoping that if he's THAT STUPID they might get him !!!
Good luck
Hope you get it back.
Bike theft is way too common in city centres and it's growing with all the eastern european criminals there letting into our country.

Back