Cannondale

Wildman

Dirt Disciple
Good Afternoon guys,

I have read many of these types of questions before and now its my turn to ask the question - whats it worth?

I have a 2009 Cannondale CAAD8 58cm roadie. I have barely used it. I had the best intentions when I bought it! I have spent a few quid upgrading the chainset and mechs to Ultegra (compact) and the Wheelset to a Shimano RS30.

I would like to sell it as it is gathering dust in my garage, it just doesn't get the use and could use the money towards a new retro project! Any ideas on price?

The picture is of the colour/frame in question.

Thanks,

Jon

Attachments

• cannondale-caad-8-2010-shimano-105-gr-56.jpg
    cannondale-caad-8-2010-shimano-105-gr-56.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 430
Here is the bad news....

As rule of thumb new bikes depreciate @ 50% per annum, so a £1000 bike is worth £500 after a year, £250 the next year and so on, until a plateau is reached.

Exceptions to this are rare, unusual or desirable bikes. As far as I can make out yours doesn't fit into any of those categories (sorry, no offence meant).

Now the good news, I know someone who crashed one of these a short while ago and he is looking to replace his, for the right money. I shall drop him a PM with a link to this topic.

That would be great!

I guess the big difference is it has mainly Ultegra components on it!

I have been offered silly money for it but it's still in top condition!

I forgot to mention the new pro bike cavendish carbon stem and seat post!

Thanks again!

Jon

For a 3 year old bike in excellent condition, 50% of retail is a fair price. I'd sell the Pro bars and stem seperate if you still have the originals to refit, again used accessories at 50% retail.

I wish I could buy 2 year old bikes for a quarter of their original cost. 50% sounds more realistic and the upgrades won't affect value that much. Do a search on ebay to see what similar bikes have gone for. Cannondales do seem to fetch decent prices and that is a popular size.

krankers":3idqzwbw said:
I wish I could buy 2 year old bikes for a quarter of their original cost. 50% sounds more realistic and the upgrades won't affect value that much. Do a search on ebay to see what similar bikes have gone for. Cannondales do seem to fetch decent prices and that is a popular size.
+1000

Back