F⚡🌀🐱ing stinging nettles

just had the same issues. stop, wipe sweaty head with dusty riding glove. then rub the stung area as hard as you can. still hurts but at least then your buddies don't think you are a pussy!*

*actually this does kind of work. stings a bit more at first but soon wears off and no odd tingling after effects.

The nettles are really bad this year.
Trails I ride that are usually clear are becoming so overgrown it's almost not worth riding them.
I now have stings on top of stings on top of stings :roll:

jamis o4":2lzttoe0 said:
Lol I did man up and rode through 2 lots just regretting it now

You went through two lots????? You must have enjoyed it to do it twice...You must be an S & M freak ...Fffffrreeeeeeekkkkkk

Went on a cyling holiday in Devon with a few mates, one of the them fell into what can only be described as a 10 foot deep trench full to the brim nettles from hell (thanks agricultural run-off) wearing only shorts and a helmet, he got stung so badly he was vomiting with formic shock. Oh how we laughed.

I fell in them once bout a foot deep all over my face not fun, feel sorry for your mate

Also I would have laughed tho

personally i recommend packing a little bag of HTFU when i go for a ride. it really seems to help with pain issues.

I kinda like that feeling you get at night when you are in bed after being stung by nettles. It lets you know you are alive! Having your shins ripped to shreds by brambles is a different matter.

I think this seasons nettles are a lot stronger that last years! on todays ride I took a little cut through on a track I've not used for a few weeks due to it being a swamp and the nettles are over 6' tall! and jeez do they sting! I got off and tried to walk through them, using the bike to cut a path, that didnt work to well! I needed a chain saw to hack through them!
i have been stung in a delicate area! through my shorts and liners! thinking about going to casualty to see if they can stop the stinging! the swelling I can live with :LOL:

Back