I think 5 pages is enough for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryattrick

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Do mods have a sliding scale of offensiveness that decides how many pages are allowed before a topic is blocked, or do they just have a variable boredom threshold?

:? (I'm confused)
;) (shows I'm not being serious, so don't take offence)
:roll: (what are they like?)

I expect they're just not sat at their computer 24/7 waiting for people to post? And yes, there's bound to be a threshold at which they think 'enough is enough'.

IMO, John isn't a 'mod'.

They can't be everywhere all the time, so a thread can already span a page or more before a moderator reads it again.
They also won't intervene at the slightest hint that there might be an argument anytime soon, but they will do so when there is one going on and they think it is getting out of hand.
When and how a moderator intervenes, is at his (or her) discretion. There's no list of conditions that need to be fulfilled before a certain intervention is allowed.

And here's a message to those who have started a few arguments already this month :
If you don't like the way a thread is heading, PM your concerns to a moderator who is online instead of just barging in there yourself and getting into a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back