Project bike Jamis Diablo

dazling69

Retro Newbie
I have got an old Jamis frame and forks that I intend to make up into a commutting bike. the paint work is a little beaten up and there is some surface rust but it is really light. I have a stash of old dx and lx stuff to use. but the space within the rear chain stays seems big enough for a 8/9 speed block. I would love to be able to use my old deore thumbies on it.
Daz

Attachments

• jamis41162.jpg
    jamis41162.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,411
I have the exact frame that I'm starting on soon. Joined this site because of it. Should be fun to watch progress. Mine so beat up I'm going to strip and repair the frame before adding components. Found it in a dumpster.

Nice. More pics please :D

I'm a big fan of old Jamis bikes. I have 2 myself, and have had a few pass through my hands over the years.

Mine looks to be the same. Like I said earlier I grabbed mine out of a dumpster. Here are some pics. Can you gather what year it is from these pics? From what I know about fillet brazing, looks to be brazed in such a way.

A few other photos I know, but I'm not sure what shots would help you determine year. Would serial number databases help?

Hi Nick.

Yours looks to be a 1993/94 frame.
I had a Diablo from the same era, and it looked pretty much the same (different colour though).
Nice frames. What's the plans for it??

I do fancy stripping the frame and giving it a new powder coat. But I am not sure where to get reproduction decals from. I love the 80s style decals.
there are some good examples of these bikes the on the site I cant wait to get this one up and running.
I am going to try and clean up the paint work and touch up some of the rust spots.
Daz

Back