check this out!!!!

Should have carried on with the saw.

al. ;)

that is just moronic :evil: must have been hard work with a hacksaw as the spindle is hardened steel unless a grinder was used....... but then he drivesw a capri so no surprises there.

02gf74":iy1wrtij said:
that is just moronic :evil: must have been hard work with a hacksaw as the spindle is hardened steel unless a grinder was used....... but then he drivesw a capri so no surprises there.

Booo hisss
Hang the capri hater :shock:

;) :LOL:

^^^^ there are many on here who are too young to remember and are puzzling over
juice-200.jpg

Actually a Capri saved the life of my uncle,his friend and his eldest son

They were travelling down to Derby overnight for my cousin to visit the university when they happened upon a jack-knifed artic sitting around a bend.My uncle was doing about 80mph and had zero time to avoid so he pointed it at the middle and went right under ripping the roof off.Unc' and his mate hunkered down and my cousin was sleeping across the rear seat.
He hit at about 70[attempt at braking would have been a very bad idea] at came out the other side at about 5mph
The Police said that any other car would have jambed under and killed the lot of them but the capri had a low enough profile to just fit under[minus the roof of course.
As it was they were all terribly injured and those injuries are still with them today[unc' was worst with smashed vertebra in his neck,cousin had broken bones in his arms and unc' mate smashed both legs

It was a Leyland/Daf and the airbrakes had malfunctioned.Took years for them to admit full responsibility :evil:

My fav unc and the Capri will always have a very warm place in my heart. :cool:

I once crashed a capri 2.8 injection when i was young, foot on the accelator when i was sat on owners lap. Not much damage as i recall but a damaged capri none the less.
There is one near me, think it has goodrich tyres or some similar white wall ones, large at the back and small at the front as they should be. He also has a haloween skeleton in his passenger seat.

Your uncle is very lucky, impressive tale.

Back