Retrobike National Series Rd 5: Tweed Valley ~ AFTERMATH pg7

Looks like nice weather tomorrow but report says severe rain today? Might be a repeat of the Yorkshire Dales ride - nice and sunny but wet/boggy underfoot/wheel?

Theres good drainage for most of the route so hopefully just some big puddles :) I think there was only a couple of bits that will suffer and even then that was after weeks of rain. We're on the high ground for the most part.

Best start getting ready for this. Will be bringing some retrobike swag, if anybody wants anything in particular drop me a PM. Hopefully I can sell 30 pairs of socks to pay for fuel :LOL:

Heading up later, weather looks grand. Think every event since the Downs has had a severe rain warning for the Met Office. At least it looks dry tomorrow though.

Will of course have a load of stuff from our sponsors Bikefood too :)

Oh, any idea what time we'll be finishing? Assume Innerleithen is a fairly small place? Could do with finding a florist given Saturday is our wedding anniversary, don't think another bunch of carnations from the Esso will cut it this year when I arrive back at 11pm.

John":1mcgunjf said:
Oh, any idea what time we'll be finishing? Assume Innerleithen is a fairly small place? Could do with finding a florist given Saturday is our wedding anniversary, don't think another bunch of carnations from the Esso will cut it this year when I arrive back at 11pm.

:LOL:
Commitment to the cause, good work! Hope you survive the weekend...

About to leave

Hi guys
Just finishing packing and hopefully should be on the road around 4 for the 313 mile drive :shock: route planner says 6 1/2 hours but that doesnt take into account the old VW cruising at 50 - 55, so it will be a late arrival for me tonight, probably just crash in the van in a layby somewhere if its too late.
Hope I put the old van back together properly ;) and hopefully the postie has my temp sensor otherwise I will just have to disconnect the wiring so I dont see the warning light, Whats the worse that could happen? :roll:
Not a great week, I ordered the spokes for the new wheels for the Surly on monday with next day delivery only to still be waiting, so its still on V's.
Looking forward to it.

Jamie

I've got a lift from a friend going to Peebles and around.
Bit of an earlier start than she planned!
See you all tomorrow...

Weather's looking not bad for tomorrow gents! Should be good 'un.

inners18th.jpg

Remember and bring a packed lunch for our lunch stop otherwise you'll be eyeing the moss and sheep poo... and wondering...

The best bit about the weather forecast is that there aren't strong winds.

Though it is a bit worrying that we now consider a day in August where it is 16 degrees as being good. I'm bringing suncream anyway, I burn like a true Scotsman.

Back