My mystery Ti origin solved at last :D

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I say solved but to be truthful not quite but i feel in 60% there.

About 2 years or so ago i picked up via gumtree a lovely large ti mtb disc only frame.As seems to be the way with these the original maker was a total unknown and for me that was a real pain in the proverbial
I just had to know its origins but i have scoured the net and found next to nothing :(
While doing a bit of research for another member for his mystery ti i came across a ti maker from Russia on you tube.It did however include an email address.As the youtube vid was a number of years old,,not really expecting an answer
But after 2 years i was willing to explore all the options so i emailed him yesterday about it and also for the sake of it included a link to my own mystery ti.
I got an answer from him today and although he didnt recognise the other members ti he did recognise mine
Bonus :D
The reply-
produced by firm "Victoria", or "Titan" from Nizhny Novgorod.
Nizhny Novgorod is a city in Russia where the chap makes them.
I googled that and came up with this link
http://forums.mtbr.com/bike-frame-discu ... 83688.html

Now im not 110% sure its the same but its a very good start and the cities are the same so im hoping the companies are too :?

Next step it to email this chap direct and see if mine is one of his first production run of frames
Im very hopeful on this.I feel ive got somewhere at last and am pretty sure its the same chap :?

I can only find one pic on my system but theres a thread on here with more :? somewhere :? in it it shows the splayed stays much better.

Happy Happy Happy bunny :D

My frame
Sure i know the recent stuff is different in most but at least one of his frames in the mtbr pic is identical on the stay shape ,just the dropouts have 2 holes :D

In my long search ive come across a few very very similar,so alike i am sure it was the same maker but the posters were as much in the dark as i was to its origins.Hopefully now that this thread has been created others will be able to get an answer on their mystery ti's

Just found this also about
Interview with Enigma’s Designer, Mark Reilly where he mentions the city and its frame building factory
http://www.velodramatic.com/archives/43

More fuel :D

Its still all a bit disjointed i know but theres now so much info to work with it will take me a while to glean the info and contacts i need to find out.

Typical google.Sod all for 2 years then it all comes flooding in :roll: :LOL:

Attachments

• 5199664881_f659781ca7_b (Large).jpg
    5199664881_f659781ca7_b (Large).jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 319
Not too sure they're the same. There seems to be a lot going on in the Ti bike sector over there. I'm looking into having a Triton built myself.

So, a 10 year old post response, but anyway…Hi i was looking for info on a Titanium bike i have, it is a Victoria Titanium, Lithuanian framebuilder, but possibly made in Russia, Novgorod. Look up Wittson cycles, the guy there Mindaugas, his dad made titanium bikes in the early 90’s Vitas Zukauskas. Anyway, looks a lot like this frame. Swedish titanium. The guy was a pro cyclist, retired from racing, got into making frames, met some guys who had been making titanium nuclear submarines ( im not kidding) , and started making ti bikes. Heres mine, its a 1 x 11 flat bar.

Attachments

• 6A201869-15EF-4A44-937F-3032FE19EFBA.jpeg
    6A201869-15EF-4A44-937F-3032FE19EFBA.jpeg
    945.3 KB · Views: 15
Back