Funkungfusion

I'm still yet to get mine back from my painter friend. It's only been there a year now! :(..... Seems like a very familiar story with house renovations etc over the last year putting paid to getting it sorted. Must get chasing and get it back and built!

Evening Gents. If you like green Funk’s then you might like this…. Picked up the frame from ARGOS in Bristol yesterday morning and have made a start at putting it back together. I'm particularly pleased with the drop-out repair as this was one of the reasons why I hadn’t done anything with it for so long as I thought it couldn’t be repaired. IMG_2711_comp.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2712_comp.JPG
    IMG_2712_comp.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,719
  • IMG_2715_comp.JPG
    IMG_2715_comp.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,717
  • IMG_2727_comp.JPG
    IMG_2727_comp.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,720
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,721
Last edited:
Looking very nice mister, I really must get back to mine again, it's been flipping ages since I last did anything with it, new garage extension is looking smart though, already for some quality bike building! Is that the Argos Kawasaki met green?

I wasn’t sure about the greens in the ARGOS range, so they sent me up the road to an automotive paint supplier. On the way I spotted a new VW Scirocco painted in this drop dead gorgeous green (divine intervention?), which turned out to be called Viper Green. The photos don’t really do it justice but if you spot a Scirocco; that’s it.

What’s the consensus of opinion on XT vs. XTR? I was running with an XTR rear mech, cassette & 8 speed GripShifts but the mech cage seems to have been twisted on its travels through the back wheel! Do I try and bend it back or should I replace it? If so, should I go for an XT set up to match the front mech or go for another RM-900? I quite like the idea of going back to thumbshifters but it’s quite an investment.

XT is period for frame, XTR was 92 on, if that way inclined. I know the veedub colour, very attractive.

I’m inclined to go back to the XT set up; anyone got a 7 speed cassette, thumbies etc? I could also do with an Answer Hyperlite bar as I sold mine to a friend and the rebuild has ground to a stop now. :cry:

Back