The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hybridrace":2qa353t8 said:
i was advised to post this here...
Well I have this bike that i got in 2001 for my birthday. I was a avid cyclist. having a bmx bike, a hard tail mountain, and a road bike. I wanted a DH/freestyle bike so I asked my mom and dad for specialized big hit enduro . Well they decided not to get me that, idk why but they got me this "prototype frame" from my azn neighbor, I cant recall where he was from, but i think the frame came out of japan but he was sponsored. I listed off I wanted bomber supension ect and I was happy to see my new bike. well I got a big surprise that it wasn't a DH/freestyle bike. It was more of a cross country bike any way i loved my bike and road it just like a dh, well as you can see i rode it hard. well all my dh friends moved away and i dont cycle anymore and now I want to get back into it so im selling alot of my old stuff. can you guys help me price this stuff when i part it out. I have Googled the frame i guess it really was a prototype i cant find it any where.
TL:DR what can i get for this bike and its parts.
IMG_1250.jpg

> citcron powercycle 7005 alloy frame ( prototype frame)
>sram plasma grip shift
>avid sd-2.0l break leaver
>fsa orbit xlII head set
>pz company handle bar
>post moderne seatpost
>avid 25 breaks
>dnm 750 rear suspension st-10rc
>sugino mighty 300x crank
>shimano lx deore derailleur
> Marozocchi bomber z3 front supension

Never seen that frame before, is it a URT design (i.e. is the cranks on the same part of the rear swingarm as the rear mech?

The parts wont make you much to be honest, and without being rude, not sure the frame will either. Retro suspension doesnt usually make much unless it is a pioneering frame or a classic design that still works well. As I havent seen one like yours then not sure its either.

Would imagine about £50 for the lot?

If you sell them seperately for bits you would struggle to make more as the parts are ok, but postage is so high not worthwhile - i.e. cranks maybe a tenner, but will cost you £5 to post.

If the forks are going cheap and are broken I might be intersted - pm me a price and details, as I have a broken pair here I could try and mix them together.

hi everyone :D

been lurking for ages, but my bikes are not very retro at all, so finally got some to post.
a friend of mine found his old bike from when we were kids in the garage, i think its called team replica , but not sure so hoping someone could confirm THIS.

just wandering are these bikes worth much at all. i understand that there is probaly alot more info needed and maybe pictures on the parts its self, but just an estimate would be great.

many thanks again

7783005144_48ffe4fbc8_z.jpg
[/url]
[/img]

skeetsgb":21fro9v8 said:
hi everyone :D

been lurking for ages, but my bikes are not very retro at all, so finally got some to post.
a friend of mine found his old bike from when we were kids in the garage, i think its called team replica , but not sure so hoping someone could confirm THIS.

just wandering are these bikes worth much at all. i understand that there is probaly alot more info needed and maybe pictures on the parts its self, but just an estimate would be great.

many thanks again

7783005144_48ffe4fbc8_z.jpg
[/url]

[/img]

Hard to say as there are many versions wearing this paint scheme. If it has Reynolds tubing, 501, 501c, 531, 531c etc, you can start at at least £150. But, going by those Weinmann brakes, its the hi-tensile steel version so £70 -£80 maybe a little bit more on ebay if the paint is good.

Anyone know what a pair of 5 bolt bulbs are worth
Tad faded[red] but as far as im aware they havent been used much.Freehub is still quite new without the usual cut in marks,front has had the bearings changed without the hope nylon support so the ano is off on the edges[rear is still nice
I have the spiders and lockrings also.

ill do a pic at some time,if anyone actually answers :shock:

hi

what sort of price would a completetish Kirk Revolution with full lx groupset needing a refurb command?
the lx set is worn but complete
survivor condition

sorry, no pics but any ideas?

hey cheers guys,thats interesting....

rampage,why are they not very good,they look the dogs.... :D
is it because of the dodgy dropouts ive been reading about?

by the way,i offered £100, but the clown wants £750 :shock:
:LOL:

They were flexy I believe and yes the dropout snapping off problem.
They wern't even £750 new, I remember them starting at £400.
I'm sticking with £100 maximum if the groupset is worn.

rc100

what would be a realistic price to ask for this ?
fully original in amazing condition.
has been through an extensive restoration.

Attachments

• IMG_5013.JPG
    IMG_5013.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 560
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back