any interest, early S&M dirt bike Frame and fork

Craigk

Old School Hero
Hi chaps, normally hang out in the retro MTB section, but recently recalled I have an early Dirt Bike, 1 inch steerer, pitch forks with peg mounts, which I don't need any more. Frame is black, well used would need refurbed to be perfect. I believe one chainstay has a score into the cromo, not structural, and I may have one of the super odd acs boa conversion brakes, the one that was stripped with uprated bearings buy a a UK company whom I forget. If anyone is interested can supply pics when I get to the lockup, would swap for road frame, mountain bits wheels etc, or may sell, please help before I start to restore something else!

Cheers Craig

hi id be interested, can i have pics please and whats the serial number also does the frame have brake mounts?

thanks

OK will do. further info- this frame was brought over to northern Ireland by Will Smith of Dig magazine, myself and a host of other Irish riders used them, including Ricky Adam, esteemed BMX photographer, and top bloke! This was the frame I was on when Mad Dog visited Ireland, I suspect it is a 94, but memory is foggy to say the least. It does have 990 mounts, which would need to be used, as rear bridge was drilled for the larger ACS conversion brake. It has a green anodised redneck stem, although I think it has a hairline crack. More info when get up there, possibly tonight.

Cheers Craig

ok cheers, its a mk2 dirtbike then, cool history too

what sort of price including shipping do you want?

Haven't really thought of a sale price, was more interested in a swap for a road frameset, 55cmish. No idea of value to be honest, turns out they are ditchforks with pitchfork logos, the mK1 version, the stem isnt cracked, and I have both complete functioning ACS Boa Conversions. Frame is in nowhere near as bad condition as I thought, only 1 ding in the seat stay, about 4mm, arely noticeable. Must have been thinking of a different frame, possibly my old Holmes.Anyone know who done this brake upgrade? Unfortunately, the Castelli bars are gone, but this frame is really tugging at my heartstrings now!! :oops:

the brakes are megabrakes, converted by rob ridge ;)

unfortunately ive no roadbike framesets for sale

if you give me an idea of what you want for the dirtbike i may be able sort a roadbike frameset out through someone i know ;) ;)

After further soul searching, and a house move, the S&M has lost to my Klein and Kona, and is now absolutely for sale! As mentioned earlier in this post, is has need for full respray, has always been black from new, nice history, has the Boa Conversion brakes, Pitchforks w/peg mount, green redneck quill, and now a nice pair of unused sun rims, with (I believe) Suzue hubs, just need a polish- these have never been on a bike since their build. Not going to do any swaps on this, as wife desires new everything for the house, so £200ish, buyer arranges collection. Hope it goes to a good home "sniffs" :facepalm:

Grand, dibs is good, i will take some photos this evening, and send them over to you-hope you like it, however, can we have a gentlemans agreement that if you ever decide to part, I get first return dibs? ;)

Back