Yo-Eddy parts bin special

Use little bit of hairspray. It works a treat. Agree with ZZ, painted to frame fork would be ace but bike is pretty even now. Never had Yo but Ti Fat share same geo and must admit it ride really nice. Mini Fat meeting at Inner folks? ;)

The 'plan' was to one day get a respray and get the Judy's and Groovy forks painted to match, whilst collecting some rare bits of 90's CNC goodness and have a minty garage queen. But now I'm thinking I just want to ride it, I'll still upgrade here and there (I would like to swap most of the silver bits out for black) as I go along. New wheels and post are top of the list.

If any weenies are out there, as you see it its 25.08lbs. Wheelset will be heavy I reckon.

Good for you. I admire this Yo more than any any minter here. I have no reason to doubt all these bikes dripping in Cooks and NOS parts aren't ridden but frankly, I wouldn't.

It sure looks good for a "parts bin bike"! :)

Looks like a bike from my past....

Back in those days I would probaly have told you to remove the amber walls for black tires, get a nice seat post and put on some bar ends and grab ons.

.........but that was then.... :-D

very nice Yo Eddy ;)
..but two things should you improve even more! a black post (maybe you need a matching Mavic post? ;) ) and why not all cable housings in red?

kaiser":33yx509v said:
..Yo's small head tubes and long top tubes aren't the typical geometry...
don't understand it though :? a short head tube isn't an issue and long top tube you can compensate with matching stem! so what's the problem?
In my opinion there is no other bike that is better to drive than Yo Eddy.

Radoslaw":1pizpm10 said:
..I have no reason to doubt all these bikes dripping in Cooks and NOS parts aren't ridden but frankly, I wouldn't.
Why think so? I ride all my bikes, even if the parts are NOS.
mate, these bikes need to be ridden otherwise they go down! :D

Nader":1xc1de2s said:
very nice Yo Eddy ;)
..but two things should you improve even more! a black post (maybe you need a matching Mavic post? ;) ) and why not all cable housings in red?

kaiser":1xc1de2s said:
..Yo's small head tubes and long top tubes aren't the typical geometry...
don't understand it though :? a short head tube isn't an issue and long top tube you can compensate with matching stem! so what's the problem?
In my opinion there is no other bike that is better to drive than Yo Eddy.

Black post is on the shopping list, not a Mavic though :?

What I mean about the geometry is that bikes I'm favouring these days have a more relaxed position, to replicate that with the yo takes a bit of adjusting to the point where it wouldn't be worth bothering. What I've (hopefully) done though is bring it to some happy medium and stay true to the Yo's original purpose.

I should point out though that this is guesstimate fitting at the minute. I've only ridden half a mile or so. After some good runs out I'll see how I feel about the set up.

kaiser":uac0syn7 said:
What I mean about the geometry is that bikes I'm favouring these days have a more relaxed position, to replicate that with the yo takes a bit of adjusting to the point where it wouldn't be worth bothering. What I've (hopefully) done though is bring it to some happy medium and stay true to the Yo's original purpose.

I know what you mean, every time i jump on the Yo after riding more modern bikes, it feels a very low stretched out affair-soon warm up to it though :D

I can see why lots of folks ditched the narrow bars and went down the riser route as soon as they came back in vogue (mid nineties?) as my neck hurts after less than an hour on the Yo.
But for me, the authentic stretched out racing feel and look is much more important than comfort- got the wicked for al day riding. What it does do for me is takes me back in time to my pomp- whizzing about some dense woods on a skittish bike thinking I was the dogs- gives me a big smile every time I dust her down.

Back