Kings Lynn

chambo34

Retro Guru
Ladies & Gentlemen, the good lady has an urge to visit the coast next week( I admit to being partial too) she/we like the East Coast and are in striking distance of Skegvegas/ Sutton on Sea which we've been to loads of times, also like Whitby, Ravenscar, Robin Hoods Bay et al....anyway she wants to go somewhere like York but by the sea and roughly the same distance as Skegvegas(we live in Chesterfield Derbyshire) so has anyone got any sensible asdvice for a day out oor even possibly a stop over...I did look at and think about Kings Lynn which neither of us have ever been to!

I went there once about 20 years ago. Haven't felt the need to rush back since :shock:
Suffolk coast is nice. ;)

wells next the sea did a survey there last year for 2 months for one of the windfarm projects bloody lovely place the best pubs for food are 1. the bowling green and 2. the flying kiwi ;)

was great :D

Wells as mentioned.... Hunstanton is closer or if you want crabs.... Go to Cromer... Although having been to York ... Getting crabs is easy haha .... Also sandringham isn't far from Lynn either

Mrs jm's sister and friend like Kings Lynne and go there a lot when in the area.

Used to go down that way every year as a child. Kings Lynn's just a town near the sea from memory, no real beaches or anything. As mentioned, Hunstanton's only about 10 miles further and is a lovely little town with lots of brake waters on the beach for catching crabs. If you walk left when facing the sea you end up at Heacham or go right and end up at the cliff's. Spent many a happy summer hols in Sunny Hunny :cool:

Knew Lynn and area quite wall as me grandma lives in Bircham
But it's changed a bit in 15 odd years, Lynn was a nightmare to try to drive in last year so best avoided, stay up the northern coast. Even hunstanton isn't as nice as it used to be or stay away from the south side.

Take a visit through Docking though, say as you travel to Burnham for it's 'poshness', and buy something from the spar there.
Nowt better than finding SPAR DOCKING on your bill.

As for like York, maybe try Norwich and heading to the coast from there, not been there for a while but nothing down that way is like York from memory.

Saying that, if you've never been to Lynn then go visit. Town are always better when you visit them than when you been there loads of times.

Back