Dave MArsh 753r LowPro frame - project

gregs656

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I was pretty dead set on having my skip find bianchi resprayed - but the more I rode it the more I started to appreciate that it was just a bit too big for me. Not so big that it wasn't comfortable, but big enough to make me think it probably wasn't worth spending the money on having the work done - a respray wasn't going to make it any smaller.

Instead I picked up this Dave Marsh LowPro in 753r. Arrived today and I set about fitting some bits - I didn't have much time though

AED78C7D-D46F-451D-8815-8B02D5E7E23B-50552-000040DE9E120BAD.jpg

Taken the saddle off the bianchi. The campag calipers I was going to modify to go on the bianchi are now on this (thanks again Rich), cinelli stem and bars. WHeels are a missmatch of campag hubs on a missmatch of rims. I've got all the bits to build this up so hopefully it will be done by the end of the weekend.

gregs656":3pcskmfj said:
I was pretty dead set on having my skip find bianchi resprayed - but the more I rode it the more I started to appreciate that it was just a bit too big for me. Not so big that it wasn't comfortable, but big enough to make me think it probably wasn't worth spending the money on having the work done - a respray wasn't going to make it any smaller.

Instead I picked up this Dave Marsh LowPro in 753r. Arrived today and I set about fitting some bits - I didn't have much time though

AED78C7D-D46F-451D-8815-8B02D5E7E23B-50552-000040DE9E120BAD.jpg

Taken the saddle off the bianchi. The campag calipers I was going to modify to go on the bianchi are now on this (thanks again Rich), cinelli stem and bars. WHeels are a missmatch of campag hubs on a missmatch of rims. I've got all the bits to build this up so hopefully it will be done by the end of the weekend.
I had a Dave Marsh build me a Lo Pro in the early 80`s Columbus EL tubing but mine had a 24inch front wheel was one of the best tracking/handling bikes I ever owned [wish I still had it]done in Dinnington Rc colours white/yellow fade with blue decals

The geometry is a lot more aggressive in the picture than it is in the flesh. Now the seat height has been dropped down for me it's hardly noticeable.

Took it out yesterday for a bit of a test run and it was fine. I do need a front mech though. I won't be riding it now until my order from today arrives, finally got my self organised with a pair of clipless pedals and shoes, and a helmet.

I officially have all the gear and no idea :LOL:

Build stands at about somewhere in the 9.5kg region. I think I could save quite a bit with better wheels + tyres.

Sorry to hear the Bianchi turned out to be too big - I have a sneaking feeling one of my bikes is going to be relegated to the "slightly too big to be comfortable" category.

That Dave Marsh looks like an optical illusion! :shock: Would love to see some more pictures when you get a moment. I bet you get some looks when you're on it - the only position is head down and flat out, right?!

It looks that way but the reality is its not so bad. I'm a bit disappointed about the bianchi but now when I get on it I can feel its big in comparison. On the up side I have fitted the calipers you gave me to this - and they are perfect for it the drop is just right.

Switched over to bullhorn bars on tuesday. Really liking the change, lets me stretch out on it a little more.

Been out a couple of times now and it's a lovely bike to ride. Really looking forward to building up my cycling fitness over the winter.

Back