Show us what you did today, thread

clockworkgazz":3lhcfsf1 said:
kaiser":3lhcfsf1 said:
Looks good :D apart from those tyres of course.

yeah not the best I have a bundle of tyres in the garage you looking for anything in particular? got some very nice white pimpy ones :LOL:

Ach, I finish work early today, I might splash out on something. I quite fancy the Continental Mountain King ones. They seem like a decent tyre for the price. There are a few shops within a few minutes of my work.

The Mountain Kings on my Moho keep trying to kill me... Keep an eye out on Saturday, you'll see!

Bloody hell, that's a good deal on the Nevagals though.

zigzag":zvt88z4f said:
The Mountain Kings on my Moho keep trying to kill me... Keep an eye out on Saturday, you'll see!

Bloody hell, that's a good deal on the Nevagals though.

Damn, I thought they looked a good compromise between gripping and rolling. That is a good deal on those Tomacs though. The problem with EBC now is that the stock on the website is stock in their various shops not just the Edinburgh branch.

was gonna say what zz said about them
avoid the racing ralfs too

conti barons in kevlar bead are good and cheap from halfords
bit heavy tho

ZZ's Conti mountain Kings used to be mine, they never tried to kill me, i quite liked them, unfortunately i sold the only frame I had with clearance for 2.4's so they had to go. ZZ can crash using spiked tyres on a super grippy surface, bad tradesman blames his tools :LOL:

Sorry ZZ but if you dont crash on Saturday you'll be more surprised than anyone, you have a tradition to keep up ;)

:D

They may actually be slightly too wide for the rims which probably doesn't help their predictability, and I've found they're pretty sensitive to pressure as well - higher seems to help, go under 30psi and they seem to be pretty squirrely, with no corresponding increase in grip that you might expect at lower pressure.

But having said all that, Nevegal DTCs for £15 versus Mountain Kings for roughly the same price? No brainer, Nevegals all the way, vastly superior tyre.

Anyway, what do I know? I'm a serial crasher and not a tyre professor!

Back