need a paint stripper? search no more

Por strip is basically watered down nitromors.
You can still buy Synstrip from paintshops. It's methylene
chloride based and it's what we used to bare metal cars.

i bow to your superior knowledge but suspect something else is different. it smells different, works loads faster than new and old nitromors and the sting you get when it contacts your skin isnt bearable like nitromors is - i have to rub it off immediately then wash the area where as nitromors irritates but doesnt cause any pain

i will try and get hold of some synstrip though

interesting stuff chaps.
i still have half a tin of nitromors and will be stripping an old mag burner frame soon with it. i remember the first time i used it, seemed fine, easy enough to scrape the paint off. have used it recently as well on a spray painted shock link. only needed the brush i applied it with to take the paint off (was a thin layer mind).

would be interested to see before/during/after pics of this POR15 Por strip stuff if anyone would be kind enough to spare the time/effort to do so.
this issue with new nitromors has come up quite often really and i think its time we had a Retrobike 'product compare/review' :p

I have lacquer to remove on some more bbs wheels this week so I will do some pics

I'm pretty sure when it comes to powdercoat removal there was a thread about wurths gasket removerworking a treat

Back