Anyone a Kayaker in here?

Drewson

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Really fancy taking up kayaking....especially sea kayaking, but maybe river too.

Slightly put off by the risks as a couple of people have drowned doing it near where i live (admittedly that was a while ago) & a mate badly injured his head....but hey...life's for living.

I was really inspired by a guy a few years ago on the Coast programme who kayaked the coast of Britian and i thought that i'll do that some day....took him 3 months mind.

Anyone kayak in here? Any experiences to share (hopefully good ones....don't wanna hear too many scare stories!! :LOL: )

Drew :)

i had a similler idea a few years back when i was living in brazil but i couldent find an aforadable kayak anywhere, i got a sea kayak when i returned to the uk but my local club had a huge waiting list and was a bit clicky. i took my kayak out a few times but finding the time when the tides and weather was ok dident happen often. finding a friend who wants to do it with you is a good idea or make sure you can look after yourself if you get into trouble. i ended up selling the kayak from lack of use but i still would like to get another

Drew the people next door to us (at Beadnell) have some, i could probably get a loan if you fancy?

toons":qoij3p23 said:
Drew the people next door to us (at Beadnell) have some, i could probably get a loan if you fancy?

Cheers for the offer but think i would need a little instruction first....don't think i'd just be able to go out there and teach myself.....

Drewson":3akfq8b5 said:
toons":3akfq8b5 said:

Cheers for the offer but think i would need a little instruction first....don't think i'd just be able to go out there and teach myself.....

Are you joking!?

You just stroke one side then the other!! If you’re going too much to the left, just put in two stokes on the right, have you never done it before?? We'd just follow the coast line & maybe head up one inlets!

toons":3sh5ilhh said:
Drewson":3sh5ilhh said:
toons":3sh5ilhh said:

Are you joking!?

You just stroke one side then the other!! If you’re going too much to the left, just put in two stokes on the right, have you never done it before?? We'd just follow the coast line & maybe head up one inlets!

I'm talking about proper kayaks....not sit-on-top kayaks....therefore it would be good to be able to right yourself if you capsize....as i'd rather not drink that quantity of water.... ;)

Latest posts

Back