Paypal gift issue

sylus":3czb7gqc said:
As mentioned...unless your paypal payments are linked to a credit card then yes your fubard and your only recourse is name and shame

It won't help your situation but might warn others
How does this help? Has anyone actually tried reclaiming from their Credit card provider after buying via paypal gift?
No, I thought not...

the whole cc thing is a nightmare to claim from. has to be a transaction over £75 iirc and pretty sure doesn't cover private sales of second hand goods. you would have to prove the item is faulty too which may involve an independent check.

Tazio":4nfx6vfu said:
This is why the feedback system on here should be used on every transaction. I always leave people feedback on a good transaction and hope they do the same for me. I also have a habit of not buying of people without any feedback or a low post count.

There in lies some of the problem, often we see name and shame threads yet no mention of the bad sale in the feed back forum.
Feed back needs to swing both ways and not just the good, it needs to be an honest review of the deal, otherwise it's useless.

NAILTRAIL96":4jpk7gas said:
Tazio":4jpk7gas said:
This is why the feedback system on here should be used on every transaction. I always leave people feedback on a good transaction and hope they do the same for me. I also have a habit of not buying of people without any feedback or a low post count.

There in lies some of the problem, often we see name and shame threads yet no mention of the bad sale in the feed back forum.
Feed back needs to swing both ways and not just the good, it needs to be an honest review of the deal, otherwise it's useless.

So true! If a deal goes tits up people tend not to leave any feedback rather than risk it all kicking off.
... And lets face it, it would! :LOL:

Midlife":7bp6d3ge said:
Isn't paypal gift just that.....giving someone something as a gift like a present. Like giving someone money as a birthday present.

AFAIK in law I'm not sure if it constitutes "consideration" for the purposes of a contract either...........

I think you have lost it :(

Shaun

In contract law once a gift has be received by the recipient then it cannot be recovered by the giver. You could try and threaten him with raising the issue with Paypal by exposing his use of paypal gift for sales....which avoids fees and which Paypal will not approve of (although you are just as culpable as you agreed to it)....but otherwise i would name & shame.....it's just bad form on his part.....

Oh, or you could plead that you did not have the legal capacity to transfer part of your estate to anyone at the time of the transaction due to insanity....if you can prove it :D

Drewson":1esxoaiy said:
Midlife":1esxoaiy said:
Isn't paypal gift just that.....giving someone something as a gift like a present. Like giving someone money as a birthday present.

AFAIK in law I'm not sure if it constitutes "consideration" for the purposes of a contract either...........

Shaun

In contract law once a gift has be received by the recipient then it cannot be recovered by the giver. You could try and threaten him with raising the issue with Paypal by exposing his use of paypal gift for sales....which avoids fees and which Paypal will not approve of (although you are just as culpable as you agreed to it)....but otherwise i would name & shame.....it's just bad form on his part.....

Oh, or you could plead that you did not have the legal capacity to transfer part of your estate to anyone at the time of the transaction due to insanity....if you can prove it :D

And if you can prove it...

suburbanreuben":3bkfv4u9 said:
Drewson":3bkfv4u9 said:
Midlife":3bkfv4u9 said:

Shaun

Then the recipient may be legally required to return the gift....

Drewson":2t3qiupa said:
suburbanreuben":2t3qiupa said:
Drewson":2t3qiupa said:
Midlife":2t3qiupa said:

Shaun

Then the recipient may be legally required to return the gift....

Well i a have already asked him to provide his details so i can return the goods for a refund but hes ignoring my messages !

UPDATE

No reply to my messages fromme to the seller so i have contacted my Credit Card company to dispute the transaction , will see how things go from here .

Believe it or not, you are also covered (even on 2nd hand, private sales), by the sales of goods act.
If it is not as described, he is breaking the law.....

Back