Paypal gift issue

Mattythemod

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just wanna throw this situation out there and see what other members thoughts are and if theres anything i am missing .

Recently bought something on a different sites classified forums and paid by Paypal gift , upon receving the item in question it was clearly broken so i contacted the seller who bascially admitted he forget to mention the fault in his own original ad and bascailly said tough luck and was not going to do anything about it .

Now apart from naming and shaming him with bad feedback is there any suggestions as to what else to do , serious answers pls .

You can chargeback if paid with credit card i think, would need to contact your bank who should deal with it.

And also, tell the mods and look to get him banned.

Unless the seller has great feedback on here or wherever or the gold trader thing and the price is reasonable I'd be very hesitant to send paypal as gift. I don't see a problem with sharing the PP fees. Risking getting something thats broken or whatever just to save someone you don't know a couple of quid isn't worth it.

paypal GIFT
:LOL:

I reckon you are SOL.

name and shame, plus publsh copies of correspondence from him.

I've only been on this forum for a short while, but it's the only place i've ever heard/seen people using paypal gift for business.

It seems to end badly reasonably often.

I reckon it's Karma for trying to cheat paypal out of thier profit.

blah blah big business blah blah profiting from the small man blah blah.

they offer a service with protection if you pay a fee. iif you dont pay the fee no protection.

theres a simply way to prevent this sort of stuff happening isnt there :idea:

Isn't paypal gift just that.....giving someone something as a gift like a present. Like giving someone money as a birthday present.

AFAIK in law I'm not sure if it constitutes "consideration" for the purposes of a contract either...........

I think you have lost it :(

Shaun

As mentioned...unless your paypal payments are linked to a credit card then yes your fubard and your only recourse is name and shame

It won't help your situation but might warn others

This is why the feedback system on here should be used on every transaction. I always leave people feedback on a good transaction and hope they do the same for me. I also have a habit of not buying of people without any feedback or a low post count.

sylus":1wrce31j said:
As mentioned...unless your paypal payments are linked to a credit card then yes your fubard and your only recourse is name and shame

It won't help your situation but might warn others

Well my CC is linked to paypal account , i guess thats one way to get the sellers attention and make him answer messages instead of just ignoring me and hoping the problem will go away although i do feel thats a little underhand .

Well you wouldn't want to do anything underhand... like selling a faulty item without mentioning it in the advert.

Have a look into the laws covering distance selling, you may find something there.

Back