1985 Ritchey Team Comp near mint

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn't buy it from anyone.

he bought it some time ago up north. not sure how he found it. i am just listing it for him because I have an ebay account and offered to handle it.

You should offer your dad $601, and tell him to stop trying to profit off his own son.

Prett amazing that he's forcing you to sell it for $2200 instead, when it was such a cheap craigslist pick up for him. What an asshole.

not sure where $600 came from. he knows the bike is worth $2500+ just as i do. i'm not an idiot and he is not trying to profit off of me.

People who collect things like old Ritchey mountainbikes is really a small community. Lots of people check craigslist at the national/international level for such things. Nice scoop no doubt, but you pops story isn't holding water.

Entertaining in this thread. Yes. Reputation builder certainly.

i don't need this...
i am being sent threatening email through my ebay account about this? people calling my dad an asshole?

**** it. i formally withdraw my post. you all win. congratulations.

The bike is for sale you either buy it or not

Me personally I feel I have more chance of getting the mrs to do ironing than the seller reaching his price.

ylwgto....I wouldn't worry too much, your not the first and won't be the last to be caught out flipping whilst trying to make out it's a family airloom

This community ..particulary advert and bikes for sale wise..is pretty shite hot at seeing stuff worldwide

Now if you had come in without the story and just the sale..you still would never get close to the price but the welcome would have been better

As to the email account and threatening email..you've already made yourself look less than honest but if you are correct....I'd certianly hope it's no-one from here

I wouldn't worry about the asshole comment though...I'm called that most days

:D :LOL: :LOL:

stylus:

Me personally I feel I have more chance of getting the mrs to do ironing than the seller reaching his price.

-i'll be delighted if I prove you wrong. i'd certainly pay that much for it if i could.

ylwgto....I wouldn't worry too much, your not the first and won't be the last to be caught out flipping whilst trying to make out it's a family airloom

-not a flip. sale from a collection. not an heirloom either. my dad bought it second hand.

Now if you had come in without the story and just the sale..you still would never get close to the price but the welcome would have been better

-no story. it is a straight sale of a bike. been in my dad's collection for a LONG time. he bought it from a guy in Mendocino County years ago. i'm not privy to the CL ad in SF, but I doubt it was the same bike or if that guy even had a bike to sell.

As to the email account and threatening email..you've already made yourself look less than honest but if you are....I'd certianly hope it's no-one from here

-i'm as honest as they come. same people that harassed me about the yeti i sold are harassing me about this bike. you can't please everyone i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back