Chain : Shimano
Cassette : Shimano XTR 8V
Wheels : Spinergy RevX
Quick release : Syncros titane
Tyres : TopSlick for the road and Panaracer Smoke Comp for all terrain
Tubes : no name
Cables : no name
Computer : Specialized

The frame is in very good conditions, but I ll repaint in the original paint and I ll remake the stickers too.
I had this bike at my birthday for my 18 years. ;)
I ride more 60 000 km with it! :LOL:

My father has a 91 stumpjumper . He bought it at the same time as mine . Mine was the team version in a dark purple version with suntour xc pro all over . His is with shimano Dx in black with red decals .

He hasnt ridden it in about 10 years , and has changed nothing on it .

The bike seats in its garage collecting dust , even the tyres are original ( ground control ).
I think the only thing changed are the pedals , i gave him my xc pro when I upgraded to spd on mine .

Next time i go to France , i might bring it back and do a single speed as it is a waste . :LOL:

stumpjumper

That's great, (this would be my choice for bike of the month, although I've already voted so it isn't! I geuss I apprecaite bike which are clearly ridden loads, and are note just fascinating museum pieces (also helps if they're made from steel ;) A very hardwearing set of components & classic lines...I also had the same purple team model back in '91...it's changed colour in 93 will dig out some pics...

I too like the look of a well ridden bike, shows the owner cares enough the ride and maintain it for so many years. The Spinergys' really help give the bike a truely unique style! :)

Back