New project...2005 GT Brian Lopes 4X frame

It turned up, but the one parcel that I am sick of waiting for got taken back to the depot, so I'm going to hope that I can get back in time for it tomorrow.

I swear that this bike is not meant to be!

Finally got it...although the saga continued. City Link tried to delivery again today but I was at work so they put a thing through the door to say I had to collect it now between 7 and 8 tonight. Got there just after 7 and was told the guy would not be back until 8 so had to hang about in a delightful area of brum for an hour.

Got back cleaned it and got most of it built up...just need to align the rear brake and fit the front one and new hose. Also need to see if I can rescue the bottom bracket as he bearings are a bit stiff. Am also thinking that I may change the brakes for some new Deores as they are so cheap and I'm not a Hope fan.

Forks seem OK on it, it doesn't look too raked out although it is a tad high, but New bar has an inch less rise and the headset less stack height.

Will get some pics up tomorrow. Looking forward to taking it for a ride this weekend.

Bit more work on the Lopes today...

New bars fitted and cut down by 30mm (780m on a hardtail is too much, however I don't want to cut them down too much as I want the contact poinst to feel as similar as possible to my SX Trail), steeer cut down and rear brake aligned - it could do with a rebleed though.

The bottom bracket is toast - I took the seals off and the non-drive side is siezed solid. The bit that is spinning is the plastic insert that the axle sits in. Doesn't look like it'll make its first ride this weekend.

Still need to fiddle with the chainline and fit the front brake and new hose.

Managed to take it for a quick bast up and down the road - doesn't feel too bad at all. It is very short though.

I think the M4's will be up for sale pretty soon - I'll give them a ride or two to see how they are first, but so dar I'm not convinced.

Here are a few very rubbish pictures...

DSC03910.jpg

DSC03911.jpg

DSC03912.jpg

DSC03913.jpg

DSC03914.jpg

DSC03915.jpg

Full spec is:

Frame - 2005 Brian Lopes 4X Frame (medium)
Forks - 2003 Marzocchi Z1 Freeride, 130mm travel

Headeset - Crank Brothers Iodine AM (to be fitted)
Stem - 50mm Race Face Diabolus
Bars - Answer Pro Taper DH 780 (cut to 750mm)
Grips - Imperial Products Lock On
Post - FSA
Saddle - Charge Spoon, cromo rails

Shifter - Sram X9
Rear Mech - Sram X9 (medium cage)
Cassette - 11 - 28 Ultegra
Chain - Sram PC990
Cables - Goodridge
Cranks - Race Face Diabolus
Chainring - 36 tooth Blackspire DH ring
Chain Device - Blackspire C4

Brakes - Hope M4 (185 / 165 rotors, Superstar hoses)

Wheels - Hope Bulbs on Mavix D321
Tyres - Conti Rubber Queen 2.2 (steel)

Sorry for the really long post! Will get some better pics up soon.

Ah parcel stress - the worst kind :evil:

Looking good though - love the white bits :cool: . Doesn't look too slack with the Bombers either.

Cheers buddy...I'm pretty pleased with it so far. And and am pleased that it isn't slack with the Bombers.

Looking forward to riding it, although that needs to wait until I get a new bottom bracket. Will sort the front brake and chain line out tonight. Also need to lose the canti stubs and get some.Hope hose guides. Got a few bits I need to shift first though.

Nope...or you could give them to me! :roll:

I think there may be a frame coming up for sale...another forum user asked me how much I paid for mine because he was selling his.

lol i could give them to u i do have 2 sets of them lol

and dont wana spend to much will keep an eye out

theres one on ebay @99p atm though hmm

Back