cheap tablets - hanspree etc. which one to buy

djoptix":3szj4s4f said:
Nexus 7. I've got one. It's a billion times better than anything below its price point, just spend the extra.

A billion times ? a billion times bigger, or faster I think NOT ! A tad exagerated me thinks :roll: :D

djoptix":2owa5kyv said:
Nexus 7. I've got one. It's a billion times better than anything below its price point, just spend the extra.
Have to say, looks strong - good resolution, good screen (gorilla glass?), strong CPU, 1GB RAM (becoming more necessary with OS versions 4 onwards, so ICS and JB).

Only thing that troubles me - storage - is there a MicroSD slot? Or failing that, USB host?

Are they making a 10" version?

I'm always on the lookout for what may happen if that tragic day happens, that my current tablet is no more...

i was given a MID 10 for my birthday last year
verdict , its crap
wifeys i-pad is tons better
main problem is touch screen , very random

djoptix":19p0ztnu said:

to be honest when i started looking into the playbook I could see issues, chief among which was the lack of expandable memory and with running an android phone, using an android tab just seems sensible.

nexus7 is £200 (although the lad at work who is pretty well up on these things seems to remember seeing them for sale at about £160 somewhere very recently.) for the sake of £40 / £50 I would rather take a big jump forward in performance & suitability to my needs plus the bonus of what it can do on top of a cheaper tab should i want it to so it looks like i'm waiting a month or two for a good deal on a nexus and for a few more pennies to find their way into my bank!

jax13":12047ho4 said:
djoptix":12047ho4 said:

to be honest when i started looking into the playbook I could see issues, chief among which was the lack of expandable memory and with running an android phone, using an android tab just seems sensible.

nexus7 is £200 (although the lad at work who is pretty well up on these things seems to remember seeing them for sale at about £160 somewhere very recently.) for the sake of £40 / £50 I would rather take a big jump forward in performance & suitability to my needs plus the bonus of what it can do on top of a cheaper tab should i want it to so it looks like i'm waiting a month or two for a good deal on a nexus and for a few more pennies to find their way into my bank!
The 8GB one is £159 on google play.

True enough, you can get a playbook with more storage for less, but the Nexus has a very impressive spec. My only reservations would be storage space, if there's no card slot, or I suppose USB host, that's quite restrictive.

Well that and 7" screen, as personally I've got a 10" tablet already, but is the Playbook is a consideration then the Nexus is a strong alternative.

Back