1985 Ritchey Team Comp near mint

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am not heckling him too much as he needs the funds, which I can't provide, for personal reasons. i agree, it should not leave the family, but sometimes the non-tangible things in life like health trump a bike (even though i want it so bad!).

Weird that this bike was for sale on our local Craigslist for $600 then.

Hey, aren't you the guy that also tried selling that bright orange Yeti with known damage and didn't disclose until you were called on it by the vintage mtb community?

I also remember a wasted Klein flip you tried to pawn off as nice.

Save the BS story man, you're a bike flipper. Which is ok...but don't lie to the community that you're selling to.

And you guys are calling me the dick. :p

rumpfy. maybe you are a dick. you know nothing about me, yet you know it all??

no bs.
my dad has had the bike since '92. yes i sold the yeti FRO and was adamant about it being professionally repaired (despite being submarined by the seller, Gabe, who sold it to me too cheap even though it was cracked). yes i flip bikes, but i also collect. i have sold many kleins...some nice some not. blah blah blah

happy? have i come clean enough for you.

bottom line is the bike is a 2 owner, cherry rig that I wish i could keep for myself. if you are interested, let me know. if not, lay off the judgement pal.

rumpfy":339io2nm said:
Weird that this bike was for sale on our local Craigslist for $600 then.

DUDE! Your dad is totally setting you up!! Now I have no reservations about calling him an asshole parent.

What will happen if the Ritchey sells on the 'Bay, but your dad has gone and craigslisted out from under you?!?! Someone had better call child protective services.

ylwgto":2g39b3s2 said:

bottom line is the bike is a 2 owner, cherry rig that I wish i could keep for myself. if you are interested, let me know. if not, lay off the judgement pal.

Oh, so all the dad bullshit above was just your own unresolved daddy-issues? Does the old man know you are using him as a prop?

bike is my dad's, not mine. i did the listing for him on ebay. he is happy to show it to you if you are local to the peninsula. i live in la.

no "daddy issues" other than doing him to many favors

thanks for all the pleasantries rumpfy and yo-nate. nice bunch.

ylwgto":32l74xp4 said:

Well, what I know is that you've been deceptive and defensive about the bikes you've sold in the past. Lots of vintage bikes get sold by lots of people, yet somehow yours raise flags. You make your reputation, not me.

it seems like disgruntled forum members make my reputation for me...

everyone that has ever purchased from me or sold me a bike has been thrilled (go peruse my seller/buyer feedback on ebay...ylwgto) including Retro members!

I truly think I have said reputation because of 2 or 3 overly accusatory people on this forum.

that is okay. i hope the bike goes to friendlier people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back