Show us your Proflex........

It's true, it helps prolong the life of the sidewalls, keeps them looking good for longer, and actually helps stop mud sticking to them so they stay cleaner.

Whatever you do though DO NOT get any of that stuff on rims or discs, it will not prolong your brakes :LOL:

Anyway, I swapped out the Crosslink forks on my 857 today as I wanted to run a disc brake up front, so stuck some Pace RC38's on, looks good I think, think there's more carbon than actual bike now :LOL: I've seen the Hammerhead rear disc adapters on Ebay recently so might look into that idea...

Got some pics of the 'Flex today...

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

RC38.jpg

Like I said I changed the Crosslinks for the RC38's the other day, wasn't sure what it would look like as for me the Crosslinks are part & parcel of the Proflex, but I think it's ok, and will probably save some weight.
I weighed the bike last year @ 27lbs, changed wheels & forks since then so may be a little lighter now :)
Also last year I got hold of an adapter to allow me to fit a Fox Float rear shock, think it's about time I got around to doing that :LOL: Just waiting to drop lucky on a decent shock.

Nice one Jimo...... like that :cool:

Would like one of those rear shock adaptors myself, where did you come by it if you don't mind my asking ?

Had some ''fun'' today when my rear shock ''fell out'' as the bottom bolt that holds it to the top of the chain stays worked loose and jammed against the tyre, luckily I was only going at walking pace so no bother, but had to call my ''crew'' to recover me as I didn't have enough tools in my saddle pack to put it back together....

Still don't mind these type of things when it's bright sunshine outside :D

here one im working on at the moment.

Attachments

• mybikes 001.JPG
    mybikes 001.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,157
  • frameeeeeeees 001.JPG
    frameeeeeeees 001.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,157
  • proflex 856 coated 001.JPG
    proflex 856 coated 001.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,058
  • proflex 856 coated 004.JPG
    proflex 856 coated 004.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,060
If you don't mind me asking do the forks change the handling for the better I have a 98 K2 Proflex thinking about changing out my crosslinks

Back