Bontrager Ti Lite rebuid

The forks are way too long for me, I'd of thought you'd of felt the change with that.

JeRkY":1wvr0yfi said:
The forks are way too long for me, I'd of thought you'd of felt the change with that.
An 80mm fork in itself isn't too bad for the frame, but combine that fork with such a long stem and I imagine it gets round to turning a corner the day after you want it to. I would say that for sharp steering a 10cm stem is the longest you would use in combination with this fork, and for me preferably 9cm.

LAAAAAAAAARRRRVVVLEEEEEEYYYYY Build sir.
I'm a big fan of mixed new and old tech, and I reckon you've pulled this off a treat.

Stunning bike mister. :D

Well done. :cool:

Anthony":2x50t13a said:
JeRkY":2x50t13a said:
An 80mm fork in itself isn't too bad for the frame, but combine that fork with such a long stem and I imagine it gets round to turning a corner the day after you want it to. I would say that for sharp steering a 10cm stem is the longest you would use in combination with this fork, and for me preferably 9cm.

Must agree now changed to 100mm stem and low rise bars so much better. Must admit forks have raised the front end but finding 1" forks is so hard and I managed to pick these up new from Pace to good to turn down

cant beat ti, :cool: :cool: great looking bike all of it, like the idea of taking older frame and putting new gears etc etc onto it,,

keithb said:
LAAAAAAAAARRRRVVVLEEEEEEYYYYY Build sir.
I'm a big fan of mixed new and old tech, and I reckon you've pulled this off a treat.

Stunning bike mister. :D

Well done. :cool:[/quote

Thanks for the positive comments I have changed the bike again I shall post some more photos. Just wanted to change the bike around a bit hard getting the right balance of old and new

stevet1":3e7q4ezi said:
Always nice to see a Ti-lite.
How you getting on with the spank pedals, I took mine back to the shop as I didn't get on with them- just didn't feel right, not concave enough.

Know what you talking about used to use DX pedals with no problems put the spank pedals on and they felt a little slippery but as time goes on they seem to be fine maybe a coating put on the pedal when new.

Back