Yo-Eddy parts bin special

kaiser":36too7vl said:
theredchili":36too7vl said:
Looks great , also looks like it wants to be ridden, enjoy it , the Yo's are by far my favourite ride

Cheers J, I'm hoping the position isn't to extreme, Yo's small head tubes and long top tubes aren't the typical geometry I'd favour but I'll persevere.

Maybe an in-line post would assist with the extra long TT?
Geometry is quite slack. so shouldn't upset handling too much? Those single bolt jobbies have a fair bit of lay-back.
Stunning Paintwork and frame :cool:

Exeter Man":12pvkua5 said:
Plus one":12pvkua5 said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: Wish my parts bin contained kit this nice

What he said!

Regards

All it takes is years of hanging around here and staring at ebay. :LOL:

kaiser":3swl7m5y said:
All it takes is years of hanging around here and staring at ebay. :LOL:

Actually, that I can relate to! I currently have two sets of brakes, a couple of chainsets, pedals, and God knows what else under my desk at work - all waiting for the right opportunity to slip them past the missus. I will only actually use 50% of the stuff at best ;)

Regards

saltyman":29mhsicx said:
Looks ace, those colours are pleasing on the eyes :cool:

northerndave":29mhsicx said:
That's really nice. The gator fade does look super nice in the sun.

Cheers chaps, there wasn't any real concession made to the look more what would work and would suit a yo build.

Wold Ranger":29mhsicx said:
Maybe an in-line post would assist with the extra long TT?
Geometry is quite slack. so shouldn't upset handling too much? Those single bolt jobbies have a fair bit of lay-back.
Stunning Paintwork and frame :cool:

Post is one of the first things I'll change, I'm afraid to say that the colour will probably be the deciding factor. Need something black. Syncros or Control tech. More testing is needed though with the set up as is.

looks very good indeed for summit thrown together and that paint job is pretty lush- good it is already ridden so no first ding drama's.

Will you cut the steerer? I think boing on these frames is a good idea. I had my Yo out last night and the very race orientated frame geo and BIO's (which are super direct but with absolutely no give) makes for an unforgiving ride- mind you it really is fast as flip esp. with tyre pressures in excess of 45psi :LOL:

BTW oury "grips" only grip on the outside- mind and take some lock ons in case it rains ;)

Aye steerer will be cut, I'm loathe to do it at the minute till I get comfy. Does look like a big wart sitting there.

I got a bit to generous with the windowlene, the Oury's are still a bit slippy. I'm off to rectify it the noo.

Back