I need repro Mattolini decals!

bikenut2010":1t55aosh said:
bugloss":1t55aosh said:
I'm wondering, how are you going to stop the fork crown from rusting?

basically, I can't! I can get it rechromed or just give it a good scrub with copper wool and wax it once in a while.... :LOL:

A layer of Humbrol clear acrylic gloss on the fork crown should stop it from rusting up for many years.

Think Humbrol may be too hydroscopic? will give it a try tho...

pics of paint progress attached :)
Easier to paint rear triangle rather than numerous touch ins, and usual marks on TT from cable clamps to sort.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 361
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 361
A polish and regular coatings of renaissance wax might work - I've got a copper bracelet that I wear occasionally and it works well on that if you keep on top of it. It's not too expensive either, I paid less than a tenner for the tub I've got and it should last for quite some time.

more pics

here's the finished frame awaiting new decals; the Cinelli giro bars fitted to 1A stem and campy SR post have been re-panto'd and cloth Tressostar tape fitted with original screw type bar plugs. The brake levers are Record, drilled.
Hubs are Record with Nisi rims and new conti tubs.
lovely brooks saddle proofrided and buffed

Attachments

• mattolini semi built1.jpg
    mattolini semi built1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 252
  • mattolini semi built2.jpg
    mattolini semi built2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 252
  • mattolini semi built3.jpg
    mattolini semi built3.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 252
Reminds me of my youth :) very nice. Be careful tightening the front mech, quite a few of us cut the middle out and quite a few of us snapped them :(

Will your rear mech take the large cog on the block?

Cheers

Shaun

Midlife":34g8s7r0 said:
Reminds me of my youth :) very nice. Be careful tightening the front mech, quite a few of us cut the middle out and quite a few of us snapped them :(

Will your rear mech take the large cog on the block?

Cheers

Shaun

hi Shaun, yes those shifters look a bit risky for everyday use, if I keep her I'll probably fit a pair of Simplex retrofriction I have ( sold my spare Campy set :( ) freewheel is a Shim 14-28, I have a few choices in my spares, Oro 13-21, Atom 12-19 (bit too close) and Dura Ace 12-21. i may cough up for a NOS Oro 13-26 which would be perfect but v expensive if you can find one, usually £40 or so.

bikenut2010":37t3b521 said:
Can anyone here make these? The headtube is probably a tough call and the existing decals are not too bad, but the RH DT script is pretty crumbled ( LH pic shown as this is best shot )

grateful for any help on this one... :)

I have Mattolini Decals Available. please PM me.

Back