Flytipping of the worst kind :-(

And why do people fly tip, yeah some just can't be bothered to take refuse to the proper facilities, there is no hope for them and they really do need to burn in the lowest hell, but small businesses forced to fly tip, because they can't afford to tip where they are mean't to because a business has to pay and sometimes that tipping fee could be the the difference between whether a profit is made and workers get paid and not in these hard times. I am not defending such actions, but trying to understand why and if the why was known the correct action could be taken or at least understanding can be had and where the finger of blame may be pointed for people to resort to what they do.

Wiggly asbestos sheeting as kids we used to bung that on open fires then leg it as it explodes.

Easy_Rider":9jyono6e said:
Not sure it's it will be British waterways or the council as its just past the canal bridge. It is the least harmful asbestos but when it broken up the powder does contain asbestos fibres.
The sad thing is our council actually accepts asbestos at one of the amenity sites, I know this because I used it, really easy and free.
It won't be free if you arrive in a van...

On a local path which is on the National Cycle Route some idiot had dumped a load of rubbish on the edge of the path
just off the road and covered the rubbish with large cut down trees and at first you could hardly see it - it was that
well disguised, there was about a mini-skip load of rubbish so i went home and phoned Nott's County Council
and the very next day they were removing all the rubbish, they did a good job too.

I hate these sort of people who fly tip but i blame the councils for charging so much for rubbish which can be sorted and re-cycled.

Its not just fly-tipping,its rubbish in general in and around our village.I go out into out street and pick up other peoples rubbish and put it in our bin.A good deal of it comes from the teenage girl next door.There is no malice in what she does,she just walks along with what ever she is eating/drinking and then when she has done casually lets the crap fall out of her hands without any thought for the poor B*****D who has to pick it up i.e. me.
I moved from a bizzy town to escape from the noise and rubbish,I will be damned if where I live is going to end up the same.I know if I say anything to her,I will end up with a brick through my car windscreen. :roll:

What happend to the Keep Britain tidy campaigns we had when I was a kid back in the 70s/80s?

^ you're right, the anti litter campaigns we went through in the seventies have put us in good stead, we , well most I know search for a bin to put rubbish in when we create rubbish from unwrapping something in the street, but I have seen it myself, the young just walking along finishing their chips and on the floor he wrapping goes, challenge them, tell them to pick their rubbish up and it is f. off, been there on that, now myself their age, I would not dare to say that to an adult in the street.

But there is something else, has anyone ever noticed there are not that many litter bins around the streets anymore ? One reason I was given when I lived in Oxford was bins were actually removed after someone put a bomb in one, so now litter bins on the street are too risky because of that, not banned cars though have they, but it could cynically be seen as local councils dodging their responsibility, hiding behind what ifs, yet one rarely sees a street sweeper these days.

Yes, we are descending under mountains of filth, society is breaking up and people don't care about their surroundings anymore and you will notice, it is always some one else's fault.

But because I live in a coastal location, my biggest bugbear is yachties and what they chuck over the side to be washed up on the beaches, but whilst fly tipping is frowned upon, no one seems to be bothered about the crap yachties and boat users leave behind, broken GRP boats that can't be recycled just left n the foreshow awaiting the local yobbo's to come around and burn it as they do quite ofen

You could also try contacting the HSE, they might be interested in who dumped it and what the council are doing.

Talking of rubbish being thrown in the streets! I used to have a very nice vintage car with a big sunroof
in it, Well one Sunday i decided to give my car a good cleaning[as you do on a Sunday] Near me was a chip shop
and after i put all my cleaning stuff away i came back out to admire my car then i noticed something white in the
car so i looked closer and some bastard had thrown his/her filthy chip wrappers through my sunroof and there
was greasy chip fat and peas all over my drivers seat and never did i get the grease marks out. :evil: :evil:

Contact your local BBC* News team - highlighting both the fly tipping and lack of council activity. Assuming they're not on a post olympics holiday they should pick the story up.

M.

*disclaimer - I work for Auntie - other local tv / radio news providors exist

Easy_Rider said:
IEver feel like your pissing in the wind and nobody gives a poo? Am I making a bug deal of it? I wonder what the local parents would say knowing their kids had been playing with this?

i bet the claim forms are being filled out as we speak

Back